Anyone understand the Pitch and Sprites file formats?

• fommil
  • fommil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #76437 by fommil
Dear all,

I am starting a hobby project to create a Sensi clone in Java. It is mostly out of curiosity than a challenge to the likes of YodaSoccer.

I understand the Tactics (TAC) files and there is lots of information about the team files. However, I am completely confused how to interpret the pitch files (I *think* they are the MAP files) and the sprites files (I don t even know which files are the sprites files).

Does anybody know the binary format of these files?

I discovered a program called SWOS Picture Editor which has apparently understood these files. I have already contacted the author and not received a response. If anybody knows where to obtain the source code to this program, please reply, as I will be able to use that as a starting point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fommil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #76462 by fommil
NOTE: I ve discovered that the Pitch data is actually stored in the BLK/DAT files. I m pretty sure the BLK files contain 16x16 256 indexed tiles and that the DAT files contain the index and ordering. However, there is surely more to the story... please get in contact if you know any more about these file formats.

• fommil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #76466 by fommil
CORRECTION: DAT files seem to describe the ordering of the tiles from the BLK file... but I can t find where the 256 colour index is located. Anyone any ideas?

More
13 years 2 months ago #97682 by Playaveli

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds