EDITING PITCHES: new consideration...

• electrospectre
  • electrospectre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #80991 by electrospectre
EDITING PITCHES: new consideration... was created by electrospectre

through prolonged play using the swos pack, It s noticeable how each team inhabits a certain pitch as their home ground... take the english premiership as an example:

pitch 1: birmingham city, chelsea, man city, portsmouth, stoke city, wolverhampton.
pitch 2: arsenal, fulham, hull city, man utd, west ham utd.
pitch 3: burnley, everton, liverpool, tottenham.
pitch 4: aston villa.
pitch 5: blackburn, bolton, sunderland, wigan.
(pitch 6: training pitch)

i m wonderin whether these preset pitches might feature in certain strands and could be changed through hex editing...

presumably, this would enable us to select which pitch each team plays on. and with a little endeavour we can alter the pitches to host different standards of football for different continents. let s roughly imagine, for example (without indgulging in too much detail):

pitch 1: superstadia: international venues/top flight stadia belonging to elite european clubs. eg barca, arsenal.
pitch 2: modest standard: grounds that belong to other top flight clubs.
pitch 3: lower league standard: older, smaller, humble-looking grounds.
pitch 4: continental modest standard: perhaps with stands further away from ptich/different hoardings etc
pitch 5: continental lower league standard.

dunno, but anyway, you get the picture! it would really add something to the matchplay.

btw, twould also herald one other question... is it possible to add extra pitches to the current six? 8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81048 by ZICOZICO
interesting, never noticed it.
(although I ve played SWOS over a thousand times (easily))

Zicozico

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #93847 by electrospectre
Replied by electrospectre on topic Re: EDITING PITCHES: new consideration...
thought this was worth bringing back to the surface- i really would like to tailor specific pitches to certain clubs, surely it s possible...

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #93848 by electrospectre
...theoretically we could create a hundred different pitches, figure out the relevant info in the hex ( which i don t know enough about :-\ ) and then assign the pitches to different teams, right?

we know each team has one single pitch hot-wired to it (any between 1-6), it s just a matter of figuring out how to edit which pitch it owns...

eg swap a team from pitch 4 to a newly created pitch 7.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93996 by MIJB#19
Wow, that s news to me. Shouldn t there be a bit in the team definition that defines what pitch set has to be used when team x plays at home?

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #94120 by electrospectre
hello mijb19... would you already know of a line/offset for the team definition section you speak about?

anybody who can help me here?

More
13 years 4 months ago #94229 by MIJB#19

hello mijb19... would you already know of a line/offset for the team definition section you speak about?

Yes and no.
Every team.xxx file in the data folder includes the team definitions. I ve looked into that file but can t remember seeing a number that I couldn t match with the available info in the game.

I was actually wondering whether you found a clue about the perceived different home stadiums. I never noticed a difference between the various pitches per seperate team, but clearly you have and now you re making me wonder whether there s something out there in SWOS that I never noticed before. :)

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds