Questions about SWOS 96/97PC

• AZSCROMAD0S
  • AZSCROMAD0S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 weeks ago #82400 by AZSCROMAD0S
Questions about SWOS 96/97PC was created by AZSCROMAD0S
Hello guys, like you I m also a big fan of SWOS, and I would like to ask some questions regarding SWOS 96/97, hoping that someone might have some answers:

1- Transition of screens - Is there a way to remove (or at least accelerate) the fade effect between screens (by using hexedit program for example)?
2- Pitches - Is there a way to change the limit of unique patterns (296) to the full extent of the bitmap (672 * 848) which would give 2.226 patterns?
3- Grass - Is there a way to increase the number of colors attributed to the grass, from the actual 3 to maybe 5 or 6 (that would give more realistic grass, I think!)?
4- In the training mode – Since there is no crowd or commentaries playing, would it be possible to associate a sound file (*.raw) to the background, of for example birds or wind?

Well, I think this is all for now, It would also be a good idea if it could be implemented a screen with statistical information (all the matches played, scores, biggest streaks, etc), with, for example a login on the game, and every match on that login, no matter if it were a friendly game, career, season, whatever, would form a big ranking record. But for that I m sure we would need access to the source code.
Thank you all and keep believing.

TO CODEMASTERS: RELEASE THE SOURCE CODE.

(How about a world without money, Governments, courts, religions and armies? No barriers, no limits... we’re almost there!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82406 by Playaveli

1- Transition of screens - Is there a way to remove (or at least accelerate) the fade effect between screens (by using hexedit program for example)?

Not without the source code. Hexediting won t help!

2- Pitches - Is there a way to change the limit of unique patterns (296) to the full extent of the bitmap (672 * 848) which would give 2.226 patterns?

Again, not without the source code as long as they do not release the Xbox 360 version for Windows. Releasing the Xbox 360 version would open the door for that kind of editing in a great way. HQ SWOS!

3- Grass - Is there a way to increase the number of colors attributed to the grass, from the actual 3 to maybe 5 or 6 (that would give more realistic grass, I think!)?

Again, not without the source code or the Xbox 360 version.

4- In the training mode – Since there is no crowd or commentaries playing, would it be possible to associate a sound file (*.raw) to the background, of for example birds or wind?

Not really. If anything, you could edit crowd chants of stadium matches and replace them with sounds of wind and birds. But then you have to abandon the training ground.

Well, I think this is all for now, It would also be a good idea if it could be implemented a screen with statistical information (all the matches played, scores, biggest streaks, etc), with, for example a login on the game, and every match on that login, no matter if it were a friendly game, career, season, whatever, would form a big ranking record. But for that I m sure we would need access to the source code.

Hm, for statistics it should be able to program an external tool which reads out *.car files or *.diy files and deliver any kind of numbers you wish for.
If you want such a menu in SWOS itself, you d need the source code for sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds