Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #129064 by olesio
Replied by olesio on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
Finally find some time to check all. Sorry @djowger you must wait for that. I thought only swospp.bin file was changed. But replacing it did work correctly. So I applied whole SWOS++ latest patch. So updated and repacked offline and online SWOS96/97 versions cracked by me can be now downloaded. More details and urls to download at:

www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=25971.0

Enjoy it. Now It is time to go sleep :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gravedigger-Sydney
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #130191 by Gravedigger-Sydney
Replied by Gravedigger-Sydney on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I successfully played an online session with my brother the other day. I really enjoyed it! I just want to thank the creators for this opportunity. I was wondering if it is technically possible to play a diy league or tournament via another player online; with all other teams CPU controlled? A two player simultaneous online career would be fantastic! Many thanks to all involved once again! Greetings from THE LAND DOWN UNDER !

More
8 years 6 months ago #130193 by barnettgs

• Gravedigger-Sydney
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #130198 by Gravedigger-Sydney
I know unfortunately it is 4:30am Monday my time :-[

More
8 years 6 months ago #130199 by djowGer
And delay will be terrible Im afraid.. Sounds good about your testing with your brother. Afaik it is not possible to play the other modes in the game yet. Perhaps sometime in the future :)

• Gravedigger-Sydney
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #130209 by Gravedigger-Sydney
Thanks for your response djowger, much appreciated, so how is this competition played or is it possible to create a DIY Cup or league in an online MP session. I mean as in have a league of six teams with 2 of the six teams human controller (one by host the other by joiner and remaining 4 teams by computer, is this possible at all?
Thank you

More
8 years 6 months ago #130224 by djowGer

Thanks for your response djowger, much appreciated, so how is this competition played or is it possible to create a DIY Cup or league in an online MP session. I mean as in have a league of six teams with 2 of the six teams human controller (one by host the other by joiner and remaining 4 teams by computer, is this possible at all?
Thank you

We played all games as friendlies, as that is the only option atm. But used our website to organize groups, enter results etc.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #130227 by djowGer
Request @Olesio or Redhair

Could any of you create a simple GUI launcher for PC SWOS Online, along with the 3 .bat files?

Simple layout (borrowed items from the old amiga launcher) like this:

Connect to .de server starts that .bat file (could be a drop down list also, if more servers in the future, but for now a button is okay). Host starts hosting a p2p game and starts game.

Join opens window like this:

Which edits and replaces %1 %2 from the join.bat with the ip address, saves and runs the .bat file.

Perhaps add a recent ips list plus nickname or such, or add to a list.

Whats my ip adress button finds ip and copies it like in redhair s beta launcher, so you can paste it to your opponent in chat.

Maybe an additional feature would be automatically download CUSTOMS.EDT from the amiga online save disk, or another location as it is probably not possible to extract a file from .adf files online. But I dont know this for certain.

• Gravedigger-Sydney
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #130236 by Gravedigger-Sydney
Hello all, thanks for your response
djowger. I was just wondering what are the possibilites regarding inclusion of other swos modes so that they could be played online?
Is this something that s in the plans and is it possible given the current structure of the game?
Many thanks ;D

More
8 years 6 months ago #130237 by djowGer
Im not the coder, so I can t say what is possible and what is not. Sorry

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds