Editing trailists and reserves during a career!

More
16 years 10 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #20576 by Playaveli
All of us have played maybe a 100 careers but only in a few of them we get trailists and reserves with decent names. Here is your chance to...let s say ADJUST them a bit. :D

OPEN YOU CAREER FILE (*.car) with any Hex-editor! Search on the ASCII (right) side for your name which you entered at the start of the career. I would search for PAUL TURNER for example.

Under your name will be your entire squad, including trial and reserve players. Go down until you find your trialist players, at the start of a career there should be 2 reserve players and 8 trialists. They all have made up names. Below you can see the entire entry for a player called PAUL MELLON

The player has many different attributes which you can change. You can change nationality, shirt number, name, hair+skin, position, passing, shooting, heading, tackling, control, speed, finishing, value. Every detail is represented by HEXIDECIMAL numbers on the left side of the display. On the right is the ASCII equivalant of the HEX numbers.

The player s record is 74 HEX numbers long. Here is a diagram of how the record is set out. Remember that the numbers are saved as HEXIDECIMAL, If you don t know the code, click here for a conversion chart.

NATIONALITY
- corresponds to the team file which the player comes from. English is 08, Austrian is 01, but there is not a file for every number, so because there is not a file for 09, the file 10 takes the number for 09. This all gets a bit confusing, so reluctantly I had to draw up a chart of all the nationalities I know: CLICK HERE

SHIRT NUMBER - TRIALIST don t have shirt numbers, so you don t need to change this.

NAME - The record for name is 23 ASCII characters long, or 46 HEX numbers. Edit the name on the ASCII side of the editor, you must keep the field 23 characters long otherwise the file will be corrupt. Your saved file must always be the same as the original - make a note of the correct file size from the bottom left corner of your HEX window before you start to edit.

POSITION SKIN/HAIR
- Here is a chart with all the codes you need for this field:

7 SKILLS - In order the skills are Passing, Velocity of shot, Heading, Tackling, Control, Speed, Finishing. Each skill takes a value from 0-16, but they are in HEXIDECIMAL of course.

VALUE - There are 50 different values for price, in English Pounds ranging from 25k- to 15m+. Here is a chart for all prices from 0-49. Remember to use the HEX value of the numbers shown.

When you are happy with your changes, save the file and exit the HEX editor. Load up SWOS and load your saved career and hey presto there you go!

(c) Paul Turner
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Playaveli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70097 by MIJB#19
Ah yes, I remember figuring out how to do that almost 10 years ago. Initially because I wanted to edit career games so I cuold add full squads for the team I d be managing. In the end it never got to that and the most rewarding thing ended up being putting myself into the game as a left winger, with good skills and a below market value price tag. ;)

More
14 years 3 months ago #77539 by Mozg
Offset #E08C (57484 in decimal) holds the number of players in your team, and offsets from #DB60 (56160) to ##DB7F (56191) holds information about role of players in teams. First eleven offsets are the informations which players are playing in first eleven, next five offset are substitute players, and rest are rest :) (the numbers are position of player in the list of your squad you can find just below these offsets, first player has position 00, next 01, etc.) So it s also possible to add players to your team without deleting any. Maximum number of players is 32. You just have to add your player to the list, increase offset #068C and add one value to offsets storing information about role of players.

More
14 years 2 months ago #78608 by MIJB#19

Maximum number of players is 32.

Interesting. Not saying I don t believe you, but I never managed to get above 30.

More
14 years 2 months ago #78680 by Mozg
There are just a place for 32 players in carrer file, maybe in the game max possible number to achieve is 30.

More
13 years 11 months ago #82907 by ZICOZICO
Brilliant!

I just edited a career file in order to include myself as a player, thereby using the position I used to play and the skills I had, though slightly overestimated maybe in certain areas.... ;D
I m now truly a Player-Manager!

This actually adds another dimension to playing the game as you now practically feel each goal you score or each card you obtain or the tackles you receive!

Also very funny to see your own value change over time and other teams trying to buy you...
Great stuff, after all those years, still doing new things with this fantastic game!!!
:P

Zicozico

More
10 years 6 months ago #120144 by Playaveli
Images reuploaded!

• wakawaka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 8 months ago #125065 by wakawaka
can be charts of nationalities and conversions charts be reuploaded please?? links do not work.

More
9 years 8 months ago #125067 by Playaveli

can be charts of nationalities and conversions charts be reuploaded please?? links do not work.

Sure! Here you are...
Attachments:

More
3 years 10 months ago #143598 by Kendauron
I changed the skills and value of a trial player. Is it correct that it's still a trial player afterwards, only with better skills?
Or can you also edit the status trial/res to a player with a "contract", so with a value?

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds