Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2008 !!!

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #57910 by Falcon
Competition to find the Goal of the year 2008!

Ok I was about to write an extensive text about the last year on sensible, but when I reflect that year I have to admit that I gradually decreased my participation in events regarding ss.de.

What I wanna notice first is that there was no major breakdown, closure and downtime of the site in 2008. Indeed the reliabilty of the site improve quite some. All of this is not to be taken for granted on a private site this big. Thanks for you guys, who make that possible, admins and supporters.

Second thing to mention is that the explosion of offline tournaments in 2007 even broadened in 2008. Even the small Hamburg Cup held by HairFU was not that small in the end considering the location and it seems to me that there was almost no tournament has taken place without participation of at least one player who had to cross a country s boarder to get there. Even if I m wrong, international participation in tournaments has increased, which is incredible considering the passion, time and money invested in a hobby.

In this final competition we have the 12 winners of 2008 s monthly goal of the month competition and they have to fight each other for the Csar s crown. There are exactly twelve entries for there was no month with a draw or two goals with equal votes in the end.

These twelve goals were scored by only seven players. Yes that means some players won the monthly competition more than once.
Coolio Jack is on top of that list with 3 goal-of-the-month-trophies followed by Playaveli, Pallister and XFlea. Playaveli even won the competition 2 months in a row.

It s time to dig out those glorious goals. They are presented in a monthly order, not sorted by player.

=============================
ON RECORD
=============================

Our journey begins in January where 1998 GFC won the competition with 14 of 24 votes, pretty impressive statistic against 8 competing entries.

He takes the ball to the left zone border and then does a middle high pass slighty curved I think only to do a diagonal standing backheader to the short corner. A beauty!

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/ExlfG_oHoLk[/flash]

The winner of the February poll makes you spell d o m i n a t i o n. Coolio Jack collected 23 of 27 votes in total while there were eight other goals you could have chosen from, even one by himself. But to be honest, how could one resist this one?

Though you can t do direct corners but this one is as complicated as deadly. A header array from a corner including two standing headers. If you wanna copy it, have fun practicing a lifetime.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/pCtSeCOrZoE[/flash]

In March the competition wasn t as clear as the two previous months. Amongst 9 goals XFlea won with 10 out of 26 votes.

His goal is a diagonal standing header at the latest possible second after a long banana pass.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/Fq5qJvEPOZ8[/flash]

In the poll for April s best goal Pallister won a race for votes against Redhair 10 to 7 off a total of 32 votes while Redhair possibly stole his own votes with his second goal that gathered 4 votes putting it third of the list. Eight goals in total were handed in.

Pallister won with an amazing goal. At first glance it looks like he shoots from half way between goal and midfiled line, curves the ball and the keeper doesn t get the ball. But on second sight you see that this shot is headed straight for the keeper, but Pallister has another striker positioned in the middle of the zone, jump starts parallel to the goal line and hits the ball perfectly to give it a slight change in course to miss the keeper and hit the net.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/VxaI8vBg-_4[/flash]

The fifth competition, May , sees Coolio Jack gain his second trophy. He won this one by just one vote with 6 to 5 votes of 15 in total with 8 goals handed in. 3 of which got no vote at all.

He passes the ball with two high headers to a place right outside the zone and then finishes with a standing backheader that keeps going and going like forever until the ball hits the net.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/YyABXr-oG_A[/flash]

Half way through the year, the June competition was really an open race until the end. 13 votes were given for all goals in June. 4 for XFlea, 4 for Coolio Jack and 5 for Pallister . I was in the position to tell him about it in person while residing at his Central Germany Cup in Weibeck/Hanover. Impressive tournament with unbelievable matches!

What he does is well known by Playaveli, keeper kick off and then straight headers up to the opponents goal. This ball goes straight all the time and all looks safe for the opposing keeper but in the very last moment Pallister manages to flying-head the ball with his striker and send it diagonally beneath the kepper into the goal.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/H1ajSTsuXJA[/flash]

In the seventh edition, July s favourite goal was scored by Playaveli . He won 6 of 17 votes in total, followed by Coolio Jack with 5 and Waenae with 4 votes on their behalfes.

His goal reminds of the one Roberto Carlos did in real life. Playa saves the ball from going over the byline and then passing it parallel to that line on mid height passing the keeper and finally heading it in with his striker at the long post. You have to see it to get it.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/oNpJ_VgPyJI[/flash]

In August Lemonheadiv finished his second competition as runner-up (first one was March), leaving the top spot to Playaveli who won his second trophy in a row. Playa got 8 of 29 votes, Lemonheadiv is just one short. Kicker finishes on third place with six votes.

In this goal, Playaveli demonstrates how much fast you can head a ball. After a great pass he flying heads the ball diagonally to the long post, hitting the inner post putting the ball into the goal. Far to fast for the keeper.

Link:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/YEV59-kMfKw[/flash]

Playaveli did miss the hattrick being two votes short. In September his successor s name is Daimaou . 21 votes were given in total and Daimaou gained 9 of those while Playaveli got only 7.

He passes the ball with a high header to a place near the penalty spot and right before the ball falls to the ground he heads it to the triangle.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/kEgkpikpDZw[/flash]

In the October competition, we had another winner who was not decorated with another trophy that year yet. Aliciq scored a crazy goal and with 7 out of 14 votes he made Playaveli his runner-up.

His goal is fantastic and insane at the same time. He does a high header from just outside of the penalty box beneath the post, where one of his strikers heads the ball to the post, hitting the corner of the goalpost from where the ball bounces to the other striker standing on the goal line who then runs the ball into the goal.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/4TDKfmzncig[/flash]

In the last but one competition the goal of the month for November was elected. Coolio Jack shows again that he is the ruler arrr the yardstick in this category. He gains 9 votes while 20 were give at all. Kicker, the runner-up got 5, no match for Coolio. His thrid trophy in 2008, nobody else went so far.

This is of course a header and as close as you can get to one touch football with headers. A high header pass into the box is prolonged by a standing header parallel to the goal line and at a short distance finished by a flying header diagonal into the net. The poor keeper didn t know where to go here.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/Jup0tO54uzk[/flash]

The wrap up of the year is the December competition which turned out be XFlea s second coming. He gathered 7 of 17 votes while Schulle, second in place got only 3. XFlea joins the -two-trophy-club together with Playaveli and Pallister, congratulations!

The goal itself is hard to copy. XFlea passes the ball on mid height from outside of the box on the right hand side with the byline already in sight and then finishes as close as you can get to the long post with a perfectly timed no-look standing backheader.

Link:

Video:

[flash=400,325]de.youtube.com/v/6VZ9G2TCuq4[/flash]

That s it. Here we are in 2009 looking back at a year of great goals with sometimes superhuman domination and sometimes races as close as it can get in the monthly competition. It was exciting and I hope this year to keep up with it. When I look at the first edition of the goal of the month competition this year there is ALI giving us a taste and I bet there is more to come. Coolio might get a tough rival.

You made it all through this post, please take your time and consider your choice, for you will not be able to revise your decision once you have given your vote to one of the twelve nominees.
This poll will stay open for exactly two weeks from now on, therefore closing February 10th 24:00 CET.

Go for it! Vote for the Goal of the year 2008!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #58104 by Playaveli
Awesome work, Falcon! Thanks for another year of great goals!
Voted for Coolio s february goal, guess it was the first of its kind and the most anticipated one!

More
15 years 2 months ago #58107 by RobChef
All great goals!
BTW June is no longer available.

More
15 years 2 months ago #58109 by Wänä81
Sure , it is ;)

More
15 years 2 months ago #58115 by GFC
Replied by GFC on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2008 !!!
My vote goes to the cheater.

More
15 years 2 months ago #58137 by Schulle
voted for july

More
15 years 2 months ago #58203 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2008 !!!
octobre... the most crazy, but ALL goals are at least crazy... ^^

When there are so many great goals, it would be cool to have 2 or 3 voices to name his 3 favorits...

More
15 years 2 months ago #58250 by Zafer
Replied by Zafer on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2008 !!!
Mine goes to the Cheetah!

My vote goes to the cheater.

More
15 years 2 months ago #58283 by Ali
Replied by Ali on topic Re: GOAL OF THE YEAR 2008 !!!
voted for coolio_jack february ..

More
15 years 2 months ago #58297 by CocaCola
My vote for February! ;)

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds