Eifel-X-Mas-Cup 2014

More
9 years 4 months ago #126915 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Eifel-X-Mas-Cup 2014
Was great - 24 players - new Eifel-X-Mas-Cup record :)

And we had snow again - perfect weather for this event :)

Thx again to all participants for joining and congratz again to Marin for the title.

Results will be entered before christmas ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #126933 by andib
Replied by andib on topic Re: Eifel-X-Mas-Cup 2014

Was great - 24 players - new Eifel-X-Mas-Cup record :)

And we had snow again - perfect weather for this event :)

Thx again to all participants for joining and congratz again to Marin for the title.

Results will be entered before christmas ;)

Thx for a really nice tournament. Great location for SWOS-playing. It looked like some place where you could have after skiing :P. Of course it was great to see you guys again and to meet - for me - new SWOS-players like SWOS-HOOL and PSPIN and all the other local SWOS players.

My only complain is about having 3 groups instead of e.g. 4 to make the knock-out stage more fair. But on the other hand you were playing more matches with only three groups.

We had a safe trip back home to Denmark, but im feeling a bit tired today at work.

More
9 years 4 months ago #126934 by andib
Also congratz to Marin with the title. Eventhough he injuried Beteto and Aldair within 4 minutes of the first semifinale against me :o ;)

Congratz to AndyPsilon with 2nd place and for some great matches in group stage. You know how it is to be second in the tournament 8)

Congratz to ElMichaJ with 3rd place. You did a good job against me in 3rd place match, mate. Your win was never to discussion.

More
9 years 4 months ago #126937 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Eifel-X-Mas-Cup 2014

Also congratz to Marin with the title. Eventhough he injuried Beteto and Aldair within 4 minutes of the first semifinale against me :o ;)

Hmmm, somehow I am NOT surprised... ;)

More
9 years 4 months ago #126938 by AndYpsilon
Replied by AndYpsilon on topic Re: Eifel-X-Mas-Cup 2014

My only complain is about having 3 groups instead of e.g. 4 to make the knock-out stage more fair. But on the other hand you were playing more matches with only three groups.

Three groups are difficult indeed but with 4 groups it s probably even more difficult to create an exciting groupstage.
We knew about the exact number of participants only seconds before the start - I hope people decide 2 days earlier next year :)
However, we probably won t do the same system again next time.

Hehe, yes. The famous Berlin- and Marin-style :) In the first final-match I should have gotten a penalty after 10 minutes. However, that s SWOS.
I started tackling a lot in the second match as well - and it worked better :)

Congratz to AndyPsilon with 2nd place and for some great matches in group stage. You know how it is to be second in the tournament 8)

Thanks man. I do. And I always enjoy our matches - online or offline.
However, it seems that we both collect a lot of 2nd and 4th places - we only changed positions comapred to ISSA XXI this time ;)

More
9 years 4 months ago #126940 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: Eifel-X-Mas-Cup 2014
I really enjoyed the Eifel X-Mas Cup. Superb atmosphere, great organization, and good games. Congrats to Marin, AndYpsilon and ElMichaJ for taking top3. Although it was a long trip for me and Andib, I would definitely consider to join next time too.

I can t really complain about the outcome of the results, I lost in the QF to my mate Andib who played better than me this time and deserved his spot in the semis. Too bad he couldn t make it one step further in the tournament, but Marin was the deserved tournament winner for sure.

The last couple of KO games was recorded, and I will upload them to YT per usual at some point during this month.

More
9 years 4 months ago #126941 by St.Vitus
Replied by St.Vitus on topic Re: Eifel-X-Mas-Cup 2014
2nd time attending Eifel Cup. 2nd time enjoyed it very much.

Well organized, thrilling international atmosphere and exciting matches again.
The good old Bitburger for 1€, Pizza and Salad fast and good delivered from the local suppliers... Nothing to complain.

Postcard overview with 5cm snow and bright sunlight when leaving on Sunday - perfect view for christmas ;D Roads were clear though.

Crazy games like the 9-16place groupstage game vs my mate HeinAir with the final goal in 89. minute. Next time it s your turn, Manuel. :)
Biggest defeat vs. Marin was 0-6 - biggest win vs. SWOS-Hool 6-0 direct after the Marin game... :-)
First time beating Paider offline on PC with a dirty 1-0 in 89. minute. Paider took his revenge afterwards with a 2-1 win.

It was good to see all you SWOS Maniacs again and in the meantime it s like coming home for me when entering an event... Feels like there never was a break since the last tournament ended. ;)

My special thanks go to:
HeinAir McTobsen for picking me up in Duisburg.
Paider Thomas for the sleeping place and and excellent breakfast.
ElMichaJ for taking me home safely and Schulle for the entertainment during the ride. :-)

...and finally the Eifel Crew (AndYpsilon, Paider, Klinki) for the organisation.

CU again 2015.

SWOS and offline rules! 8)
St.Vitus

More
9 years 4 months ago #126944 by andib

CU again 2015.

SWOS and offline rules! 8)
St.Vitus

Amen to that, brother

More
9 years 4 months ago #126946 by HeinAir
Replied by HeinAir on topic Re: Eifel-X-Mas-Cup 2014
I just want to say a big THX to the organizers and our traditional host for sleeping place! ;)

It was my 3rd participation, exacltly two years ago I started my off-career at Eifel-Cup 2012 and impressed by the fantastic atmosphere many more succeeded. I missed my aim to be one of the first 10, but a match takes 90 instead of 89 minutes. But SWOS-life will go on. ;)

Here are some pictures: plus.google.com/photos/10094088570640869.../6093146119383258289

Cya next year for sure,

greets HeinAir

More
9 years 4 months ago #126947 by andib

I just want to say a big THX to the organizers and our traditional host for sleeping place! ;)

It was my 3rd participation, exacltly two years ago I started my off-career at Eifel-Cup 2012 and impressed by the fantastic atmosphere many more succeeded. I missed my aim to be one of the first 10, but a match takes 90 instead of 89 minutes. But SWOS-life will go on. ;)

Here are some pictures: plus.google.com/photos/10094088570640869.../6093146119383258289

Cya next year for sure,

greets HeinAir

Thx again, HeinAir a.k.a the SWOS-photographer

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds