On-Line carrer mode - yes it may be possible! :)))))

More
13 years 2 months ago #97728 by EMPI
Hi SWOS Maniacs!

For the past 2 weeks I was thinking about a possibility of bringing our dream to life - I mean playing in CARRER MODE on-line. Well as we all know it s impossible within a game itself - so I thought Why not getting it off-line, play the whole season in single-player mode and then by merging all the data together + CPU controlled leagues :) it would be possible to play on-line EURO-cups at the end of a season . Guess what - doing so we ll be able to play the whole carrers in on-line mode. It needs a little bit of discipline from players but let me introduce my own CARRER MODE ON-LINE PLAYING SYSTEM (CMOPS). :P The main idea: 2 phases per season! 1st phase off-line season within players leagues. 2nd phase on-line club cups.

Let s say we ve got like 2 players who want to play a carrer mode together.
We ll also need a CPU controlled leagues so one of the players will have to run some extra carrer just for the results from other leagues. No buying or selling allowed. Just pure MATCH RESULT through the whole 20 seasons for CPU leagues carrer. :)

SCENARIO 1 || 2 players in seperate leagues. 8)
Player A and B start their own carrers off-line. Also the CPU carrer should be started at the same time. Players are allowed to buy/sell players and do everything they want to do... :) At the end of the season they have to do some extra things (excel would be helpfull here...):
1). They put the results of their leagues together and add CPU leagues results.
2). They take a champion of each league form the data gathered and play an on-line club cups.
3). After that they play another season and the whole thing is starting again.
Using a SWOS editor would give an option to recreate players TEAM data form CARRER mode and use it in an on-line phase.

SCENARIO 2 || 2 players in one league. 8)
Player A and B start their own carrers off-line (they have to choose seperate teams!). Also the CPU carrer should be started at the same time. Players are allowed to buy/sell players and do everything they want to do... :) At the end of the season they have to do some extra things (excel should be defenetly used here...):
1). They put the results of their leagues together and add CPU leagues results. Because they re in the same league they have to MERGE the tables. 2 players - 2 tables to merge. Let s say they were playing Polish Ekstraklasa. They both played 34 games. In player s A table his team won all of the 34 games (he was in control of his team). But in player s B table player s A team had a balance of 15-10-9 (cause the CPU was controlling his team). Merging means we have to take an average result of those 2 tables. If we merge the data we ll get a total result for player s A team = 49-10-9 which has to be divided by 2 (cause there were 2 tables merged). So we get 34 games played and a balance of 24,5 games won, 5 drawn and 4,5 lost. We can t have this kind of numbers in our final table so we have to round them. The final result for player s A team would be 24-5-5.
2). They take a champion of each league form the data gathered and play an on-line club cups.
3). After that they play another season and the whole thing is starting again.
Using a SWOS editor would give an option to recreate players TEAM data form CARRER mode and use it in an on-line phase.

Now if there s like 20 players gathered around one CMOPS there s a lot of work to with merging tables but still it s not said only one person would be responsible for gathering data into one big piece. :) There also should be some restrictions like:
1). No debts allowed.
2). Buying new players is allowed only from transfer list (less chance 2 players will have the same footballer in their teams).
etc.

What are the benefits? ;D
- Finally you can play CARRER MODE ON-LINE with the rest of SWOS Maniacs.
- It s possible to play any type of competition in on-line phase. The only limit is your imagination. :) Copa Libertadores?! WHY NOT!! :-*
- It s possible to set your own carrer rules. Eg. Choosing a club from other continent after 5 seasons. Want to move to Argentina? Go ahead! (hex editing of save is needed as far as I know).
- Players can join CMOPS and leave it each season they want. Simply there ll be less tables to merge... :)
...many more!

What are the concerns? : (
- There s a lot of work with gathering the data together if there s a lot of players within one CMOPS playing the same league (34 tables to megre?! Jeeeeezzzzzz...)
- High level of discipline from players involved.
- Clear carrer rules needed.
- There s no way to check if the player cheated (save-load and play again just to get those bloody 3 points).
- Some extra platform to store carrer results, cup results etc. (Excel workbook? Extra www site?!)

Phew... I think there s most of it. :o
Just imagine the possibilities and you ll love CMOPS with all your heart. :D
So what do you think about it? :)

Take
Care
--
EMPI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #97730 by dimetrodon
Great idea. What about new players (I mean TRIAL- RES- 15M or 20k)?

More
13 years 2 months ago #97733 by EMPI
New players are not a problem unless we meet an on-line phase.

Now if a player has 20k and PSH abilities - it would be easy to recreate him using SWOSEditorFF to play in on-line phase. :P Next year if the player has developed, his abilities should be properly lifted. If any player s abilities has dropped during season - they should be decreased properly as well... ;)

I know there s some work to do with editor after each off-line phase but hey if you have a trustful mates within your CMOPS, each of them can edit their own team and send it in a seperate file to gather all the data together. ;D

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #97748 by Retrieving
how about an actual online multiplayer career league with several divisions, live transfer market done through real-time auctions for players (think of Fantasy Football), teams budget section comprising contracts, players wages, bills, loans and so forth, auto compiling of the HDF once the transfer window ends and a php-based web-page shaped up to look like the SWOS Career menus to submit the results of the matches, check the standings and keep track of your custom team s roster, activities, matches, transfer offers, etc. ;)

we had this on the italian website back in 2007~2008 and it was basically every SWOS player s wet dream (although quite complex to manage, used to take a lot of work just for a handful of participants so it s bound to be a small numbers thing), which is why we re fixing to bring it back (hopefully) within the next few months or so (can t post any screenshot yet cause the restyling of the interface ain t done yet)! :D 8)

More
13 years 2 months ago #97766 by EMPI

how about an actual online multiplayer career league with several divisions, live transfer market done through real-time auctions for players (think of Fantasy Football), teams budget section comprising contracts, players wages, bills, loans and so forth, auto compiling of the HDF once the transfer window ends and a php-based web-page shaped up to look like the SWOS Career menus to submit the results of the matches, check the standings and keep track of your custom team s roster, activities, matches, transfer offers....................

Now that s something way more complicated that just a simple CARRER MODE. :)
You re talking about the whole system which needs some PHP knowledge, webmastering etc. It would be great to have such a big project alive and kicking! 8)

I m talking about something a little bit ;) smaller. There s no need to launch extra www site for it. All you need to play CARRER MODE online is SWOS, some kind of Editor and well organized people willing to play. And that s IT! 8) 8) 8)

More
13 years 2 months ago #97767 by Playaveli
www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?topic=19864.0

Just use the SWOS Manager for multiplayer career! It works with Amiga version, too...
But altogether nice ideas, EMPI.

More
13 years 2 months ago #97771 by Retrieving

how about an actual online multiplayer career league with several divisions, live transfer market done through real-time auctions for players (think of Fantasy Football), teams budget section comprising contracts, players wages, bills, loans and so forth, auto compiling of the HDF once the transfer window ends and a php-based web-page shaped up to look like the SWOS Career menus to submit the results of the matches, check the standings and keep track of your custom team s roster, activities, matches, transfer offers....................

Now that s something way more complicated that just a simple CARRER MODE. :)
You re talking about the whole system which needs some PHP knowledge, webmastering etc. It would be great to have such a big project alive and kicking! 8)

I m talking about something a little bit ;) smaller. There s no need to launch extra www site for it. All you need to play CARRER MODE online is SWOS, some kind of Editor and well organized people willing to play. And that s IT! 8) 8) 8)

Yeah I know, I was just teasing :D :D ;)

I appreciate your efforts though, well thought-out stuff :)

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds