Re: Colteen LFC - Severe Lagging Issues..

More
8 years 4 months ago #131475 by TierneyLFC90
Hi :)

Unfortunately my Dad (Colteen LFC) is having connection issues with the game. He s tried to play several league games (ASL 3) but the game keeps lagging constantly. He has tried disabling his firewall, using the Ethernet LAN cable, contacting his network provider and making sure no other devices are running while he plays, but still the game keeps lagging.

He s gutted because he loves the game and was really looking forward to competing in his first online league, but he has no choice to pull out of the league until he gets a new laptop. Unless anyone has an answer on how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131478 by barnettgs
Hi,

Any information about your dad s broadband and the spec of his computer would be helpful. Also the name of antivirus he is using?

When I play, I usually turn off the wifi connection as you could not really stop some devices using the internet. Also turn off the anti-virus s auto-update.

However, booting up the computer at least half hour before playing would help as it usually seeks and downloads any updates just after it started up.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #131479 by djowGer
Does the game run at 50 fps offline or is only online he is having issues? Just wondering if the pc is too old or too much background stuff is running while he plays. Could also be the monitor delay if running the game from laptop.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131481 by Bomb

When I play, I usually turn off the wifi connection as you could not really stop some devices using the internet.

this means, turn off the wifi of your router (= cut off all wifi devices in your home), not only of the pc / laptop itself... I have the same issues as long as laptops or mobile phones (in my home) can access my routers wifi.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131483 by barnettgs

When I play, I usually turn off the wifi connection as you could not really stop some devices using the internet.

this means, turn off the wifi of your router (= cut off all wifi devices in your home), not only of the pc / laptop itself... I have the same issues as long as laptops or mobile phones (in my home) can access my routers wifi.

Yes, turn off the wifi of the router and it s not a problem with PC connected via ethernet. My TP-LINK router has a manual wifi switch on the back which is very handy to have - just press it on the back to turn off/on the wifi whenever I play. Of course, I check if anyone is not using the internet! :p

Many (If not all) TP-LINK routers do have the manual switch on the back. My old ISP supplied router does not have the switch so I had to turn it off/on via the admin page of the router.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131491 by TierneyLFC90
Thank you for the replies everyone, really appreciate them all :). I ll get him to try a few of these things, if no joy then I ll come back to you :)

Thanks again friends.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131493 by gabry1980
TIERNEY
If your dad has windows 7 or windows Xp
in options for the saving of energy try to select : best performance

if the problem isnt yet fixed, try to let opened 4 or 5 times the emulator, and then, in the 6 th emulator window, try to play a match checking the fps and the fluidity ...
let us know

More
8 years 4 months ago #131534 by Playaveli
Tierney, what s your Dad s internet provider? Same as yours?

More
8 years 4 months ago #131536 by TierneyLFC90

Same as me mate. Virgin Media.

More
8 years 4 months ago #131538 by Playaveli

Same as me mate. Virgin Media.

Hm, and he is using his internet just on his own? Or is he sharing his connection at home, with wife / kids / whoever?

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds