Awesome Soccer World 2010

• Red27
  • Red27's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #85705 by Red27
Awesome Soccer World 2010 was created by Red27
Hi all,

I m please to announce that I ve finished the latest version of Awesome Soccer - Awesome Soccer World 2010.

ASW210 is a fast action soccer game inspired by Sensible Soccer with 16 Tournaments to challenge for including World 2010. Score amazing swerving goals, overhead kicks and diving headers thanks to the intelligent - yet easy to use - control system. The game includes over 280 teams (and has a Team Editor to create your own or modify existing team badges, players names and skills).

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Mac Version: www.red27studios.com/download_apple.php

Windows Version: www.red27studios.com/download_windows.php

Linux Version: www.red27studios.com/download_linux.php

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete (Red27).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #85738 by Rock and Roll
Hi,

I downloaded it and played for a good half hour. My compliments for a great effort.

There are a lot of nice touches which really show how much work has gone into the game s development.
The menu s are slick, there are a lot of teams / competitions and options to play with.
I like the random comment you see when loading the game.
The game plays fast and slick. A good game.

My main issues are with the AI.
I played my games with the hardest skill setting (only quick games), and didn t lose.
The goalkeepers concede very soft goals. My first ever goal was a free kick from inside my own half (midway between the penalty box and the centre circle).
I hit it hard and curled it, it bounced a few times and went in. Nice replay, but it shouldn t have been a goal.
Most goals are scored from outside the area, and close to the keeper.
Or from direct free kicks (no swerve needed).

The following tactic works too easy. Just head towards the goal and make sure you have an opponent in your back.
Eventually he ll foul you, get a yellow / red card, and you can score from the resulting free kick.
If he doesn t foul you just shoot from outside the box and you ll have a good chance of scoring.

Sometimes the AI doesn t know where to pass to, and will just keep posession running a few metres upfield, then back down etc.

Thanks for the demo!

• Red27
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #85740 by Red27
Replied by Red27 on topic Re: Awesome Soccer World 2010
Hi Rock and Roll.

Thanks for your honest feedback - most appreciated.

I think your points are valid and relevant.

The original versions of Awesome Soccer were much more difficult , yet this was criticised as being too difficult for the casual gamer to play, so i adjusted the AI accordingly, yet it would seem that perhaps it s gone too far the other way for you?

Regards,

Pete. (Red27)

More
13 years 10 months ago #85746 by Rock and Roll
OK, a bit more playing (10 minutes left now :)).

I played with North Korea vs Brazil (World Class) and won first try so I think it is too easy.
A lot has to do with the keepers, a shot from outside the box is almost always a goal, as is a free kick.
If the ball is close to them they dive after the ball is in the net.
If the ball is heading straight for them they dive out of the way (almost like Green yesterday evening).
They do make brilliant saves when the ball is going wide, and when you shoot from inside the box.
A strange goal is when you tap the control key so the ball doesn t have the power to cross the line.
The keeper dives, and you just take the ball and walk it in.

I d also change the tackling. I can pick up the ball from defence and more often than not I can dribble it to just outside the box.
Either I get brought down by a tackle from behind, or I can shoot from distance...both result in a goal.
If I get fouled, the AI almost always gets a yellow, and seeing as that happens a lot, a lot of players are booked / sent off.
Seeing as I score a lot this way, I don t need to pass the ball at all.

I d also check the goal attempts statistic as I was 2-0 up (one free kick and a distance shot), but still had 0 goal attempts.
And the replays could be a bit longer, my mega-distance free kick was too long to be shown in full :).

I do like the game so it s certainly not all criticism, there s an awful lot of fun to be had with the game :).
Just trying to explain why I think it s too easy as it is at the moment.
I haven t played any other versions so I can t compare them.

• Red27
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #85780 by Red27
Hi again.

You make some valid points re: the goalkeepers. I wanted to allow the player to score outrageous long range super-swerve goals so the game was really fun to play, but I appreciate that perhaps there needs to be better AI for the keepers. I can implement this quite easily, as I have essentially programmed the keepers to be perfect - i.e save everything - bu then dumb them down to allow lots of goals.

I will look at your other suggestions also. :)

By the way, here s the latest game video for anyone that s not yet downloaded/played the game:

[flash=480,385]www.youtube.com/v/FffsWo_Lbs4 hl=en_GB fs=1 rel=0[/flash]

• Red27
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #86185 by Red27
Latest Review of ASW2010 - 9/10... ;D

Read it here

• Red27
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #90656 by Red27
Ok...shameless plug...but I ve just had the game reviewed in the September 2010 edition of Mac Format (I think it s the best selling Mac Magazine in the UK). They gave it a full page review and awarded the game a very respectable 4/5 stars!

To use some football parlance....I m over the moon! ;D

File Attachment:

(obviously all rights reserved for Mac Format)

More
13 years 7 months ago #90658 by Rock and Roll
Congratulations :).
A good game and it seems to be getting the praise and reviews it deserves :).

More
13 years 7 months ago #90680 by Playaveli
This game looks so much like Sensi 98!

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds