Cannon Fodder for PSP!

More
17 years 8 months ago #12008 by Gloam
Cannon Fodder for PSP! was created by Gloam
pspupdates.qj.net/Classic-Game-Cannon-Fo...2007/pg/49/aid/63562

TEEEEN-SHUN!!

Game makers Codemasters has just announced their plan to resurrect (pun intended) the 16-bit war-tactics game Cannon Fodder, which was originally released in 1993 for Amiga, Atari Jaguar, and Super NES among others. This time out, the game makes its way to PSP.

In the original Cannon Fodder, the player controls a squad of soldiers (a.k.a. cannon fodders) in order to complete a variety of missions which are subdivided into phases. When some of the player s soldiers die, they are then replaced by fresh meat at the beginning of the next phase. Mission objectives range from Kill all enemy , Rescue all hostages to Destroy enemy buildings . The game required careful thinking on how to split your group and how to use the available resources in order to successfully meet the objective. However, what made the game popular was its dark humor, which pretty much revolved on how funny your group can possibly die and how much wanton destruction you can possibly create.

For its re-entry into the gaming scene, which is scheduled to be in Spring of 2007, Cannon Fodder promises a brand new yet unmistakably recognizable visual style for PSP. The designers have also added in some new features such as the ability to call on air strikes or perform radar sweeps. They have also granted your troops with shop full of arsenal from flamethrowers to sniper rifles. Cannon Fodder for PSP will also be able to support up to four players with Deathmatch and co-op modes.

Screenshot in the link.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #12023 by super_hoops1967
i hope they keep it like the original and don t make the characters HUUUGE like the new sensi.

remember codemasters if it aint broke don t fix it.

More
16 years 3 months ago #34278 by super_hoops1967
I take it this has been scrapped then? lol

More
16 years 3 months ago #34438 by EreWeGo
Replied by EreWeGo on topic Re: Cannon Fodder for PSP!

I take it this has been scrapped then? lol

Unfortunately...

More
16 years 3 months ago #34469 by super_hoops1967
gutted :(

oh well, at least i can still play 1 2 on my ps3

More
16 years 3 months ago #34470 by EreWeGo
Yeah, it was bad news when Codies announced it:

community.codemasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=577

I ll just have to stick to the old versions myself in WinUAE...

More
15 years 6 months ago #52501 by HungryHorace
far better new than this was the release of new levels for the original Cannon Fodder, in the form of Cannon Fodder New Campaign

For those not in-the-know, this is 72 new levels for Amiga Cannon Fodder.

www.ppa.pl/cannonfodder/about.html

both original and these new levels can be played on PSPUAE... imho, a better idea than play some b*stardised remake by codemasters.

More
15 years 6 months ago #52504 by EreWeGo
...Cool!...Almost worth getting a PSP for - if only SWOS ran okay on it! BTW Horace, any news on the Amiga SWOS editor? (Sorry, had to ask!) ;)

More
15 years 6 months ago #52507 by Playaveli

far better new than this was the release of new levels for the original Cannon Fodder, in the form of Cannon Fodder New Campaign

For those not in-the-know, this is 72 new levels for Amiga Cannon Fodder.

www.ppa.pl/cannonfodder/about.html

both original and these new levels can be played on PSPUAE... imho, a better idea than play some b*stardised remake by codemasters.

Wow, thanks for that, Horace!
Amazing.

More
15 years 6 months ago #52543 by HungryHorace

...Cool!...Almost worth getting a PSP for - if only SWOS ran okay on it! BTW Horace, any news on the Amiga SWOS editor? (Sorry, had to ask!) ;)

afraid not, working on an MLM editor at the mo. I ve had a lot more response on that than i ever got on the SWOS one.

@ playvelli - no probs

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds