PS3 12gb or 500gb?

• chrisd
  • chrisd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #117666 by chrisd
PS3 12gb or 500gb? was created by chrisd
I m thinking of getting a PS3, but i m out the loop as not had a console since the PS1 over 10 years ago. The new 12gb slim model seems to be the cheapest and most popular version in shops and online and costs around £160. An additional controller costs up to £50. The 500gb costs around £220.

Just saw an offer online with Argos wher you get the 12gb console for £160, but get a £50 controller for free so there s really a difference of £110.

I ve read a few reviews about the 12gb and it gets mixed reports as some say it s not enough to save games if you re playing a few at the same time.

Does anyone on here have one of these new models and if so can they tell me if they ve had problems running out of memory? I ll probably be mostly playing sports games (if that makes a difference), but don t want to buy a few more games later and run out of memory after a few months and wish I d paid for the bigger model.

I m not in huge rush to buy one so could probably wait around a look for deals on the bigger model.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117671 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: PS3 12gb or 500gb?
AFAIK the PS4 comes out in November, wait til then for the more than likely price cut.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117672 by Rock and Roll
I agree with Retri.

• W81
  • W81's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #117673 by W81
Replied by W81 on topic Re: PS3 12gb or 500gb?
As far as i know, the ps4 release is in USA and Japan X-Mas 2013. The release date for Europe isn t fix yet. IMHO the release in Europe is minimum 6 month later, as it happend with all other Playstations in the past ;)

More
11 years 1 month ago #117674 by Rock and Roll
The local shops here are taking pre-orders for December 2013, but like Wänä...going on past experiences I don t believe a word of it XD.

• chrisd
  • chrisd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #117677 by chrisd
Replied by chrisd on topic Re: PS3 12gb or 500gb?
Thanks for the replies. If I have to wait another year for the PS3 prices to come down I think i d rather buy it now.

Do you think Sony will continue to make games for the PS3 once the PS4 comes out or will they stop? e.g. John Madden13, FIFA13 etc will be the final versions? I m not sure about getting a console that dones t have any new releases.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117679 by Rock and Roll
Well they released FIFA 13 for the PS2 so I guess they re be quite a few years of future PS3 titles to come :).

More
11 years 1 month ago #117680 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: PS3 12gb or 500gb?

As far as i know, the ps4 release is in USA and Japan X-Mas 2013. The release date for Europe isn t fix yet. IMHO the release in Europe is minimum 6 month later, as it happend with all other Playstations in the past ;)

We re in 2013 and the PS4 is no Super NES, the PSVita was released the same day in the US and Europe (with Japan being their traditional test-market) and the PS4 will most likely have a simultaneous worldwide release, they d be crazy to do otherwise and Sony Computer Entertainment has no more room for mistakes as the whole corporation is basically on the verge of bankrupting.

Plus the PS4 will be backward compatible with PS1, 2 and 3 through the Gaikai platform.

Besides, are FIFA and Madden even worth playing at this point? We ve been fundamentally playing the same AI-heavy, bug-ridden games since 09...either way you re better off waiting for the next gen, imho.

More
11 years 1 month ago #117681 by atchoo
Replied by atchoo on topic Re: PS3 12gb or 500gb?

Well they released FIFA 13 for the PS2 so I guess they re be quite a few years of future PS3 titles to come :) .

Uhm... I think PS2 s FIFA 13 is a mere FIFA 08 s data disk.
So PS3 s FIFA 17 will be a mere FIFA 13 s data disk. :)

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds