Re: Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (SEGA Genesis)

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #28173 by Infiltrate
As some of you might know im quite a fan of mortal kombat, i think its the best beat em up ever, simple as that, but generally i dnt really like that many beat em ups. Well anyway a few months ago i found this rather superb version of mortal kombat, its basicly mortal kombat 1, 2, 3, ultimate mortal kombat 3 and mortal kombat trilogy all in one. It has every character ever (including all bosses and secret characters) from all the 2D versions of mortal kombat, with many new moves, combos, fatalities etc. If you download the umkt attachment below you will be able to see the new select screen with all the characters that are playable straight away. This rom requires a special emu which is available on the same site (I use gens+), all you need to do is download rom, last patch and the special emu and then before running the game run last patch and patch the rom to update it, and away you go its as simple as that (btw the special emu will also run all megadrive games and all master system games to). I highly recommend this fan version of mortal kombat and in my opinion its the best mortal kombat game ever. 8)

link to the site - umk3.hacking-cult.org/eng/download.htm

hope you enjoy it as much as i have.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: guja33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #28178 by Playaveli
Nice1, thx for the link!
I am a big fan of the MK series as well. I once thought about making a custom teams of all the fighters for SWOS!

;)

More
16 years 7 months ago #28193 by Infiltrate
hehe cool m8, have u tryed that vers out yet? works a dream with ps contoller. ;)

More
16 years 7 months ago #28199 by daimaou
Very nice mate thanks! Just testing it (at work so not much time to fool around with it). But now I can finally play as MK1 Shang Tsung ;D, not even MK Trilogy had him playable.
The graphics on PS are better, but the frenetic gameplay is all there!
MK should be kept in 2D forever, even though the last version for PS2 is pretty good as well.

And good idea Playa, put Scorpion as a center back and don t forget to give him his spear, good way to stop the strikers ;)

More
16 years 7 months ago #28241 by Infiltrate
Hehe, yes i agree 2D mortal kombat forever, my friend has the newer game on ps2, armegeddon, its quite good but nothing compared to the old games, all fancy graphics and stuff. I have mk trilogy on ps myself but this is much much better, because it has every single character and version of a character from all the 2D mk games. Shang Tsung MK1 is one hell of a crazy character hehe, and one of my favourites, i really like chameleon to. :)

More
16 years 7 months ago #28250 by daimaou
Now if only we could play this online. I could punish you with some fatalities for all those combo headers you score against me ;)
MK Trilogy was the best MK ever so far, but yes this one ends up beating that one as it even has some characters not available on Trilogy, but then again I think the graphics on PS are better so it s really a hard call for me to tell which one is better...

More
16 years 6 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #28262 by Infiltrate
daimaou, you can play this online mate, i have played one of the developers of this hack online and only just lost. ;)
also yes the graphics are much better on ps but i think the playability is more fun here, and shao kahn doesnt cheat as much lol, he can actually be beaten now with skill, rather than just doing one move and hoping for the best.

More
16 years 6 months ago #28286 by daimaou
Is that so? And how can I set it up for that? Can t seem to find it... I m probably missing something ???

More
16 years 6 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #28287 by Infiltrate
the latest version of this fantastic game is now available, it now has the actual music from the film (lol), some new moves and more bugs have been ironed out of it. it plays really great now, i can just sit here and watch the computer have amazing fights, what a screensaver! you will also notice on that page that theres a version of mortal kombat II available to download, this is also rather great as you can play with any of the secret characters or bosses from the start and it has some prety crazy combos and stuff aswell.

here is the link - www.emu-land.net/consoles/genesis/roms/misc

here is a little video i found to wet your appetite, this is how crazy it can be -

and here is a video of the greatest mortal kombat character ever, chameleon -

enjoy friends.

(p.s. daimaou i just read your message, to play online mate make sure you are using the gens+ client and that the rom is in roms folder, now open emulator, go to file then netplay, select a server and then go to file, open rom and thats it, job done. also make sure you leave the rom named as it is because the file names must be the same to play online. but its as simple as that, lets try to play tomorrow if you like mate, i am going bed now, goodnight)

More
16 years 6 months ago #28288 by daimaou
That s strange I m using gens+, but I can t see any netplay option in the file menu. Which version do you have? Mine is 0.0.9.61.
I also tried with Kega Fusion emu and there I can see the netplay option, but the game isn t recognized on this emulator.
I ll catch you on irc and we might sort this out and make some fights, I m not sure if tomorrow will be a good day for me due to Benfica game, but if I manage to be at home when you are around on irc we can play sure. Now I just need to find out where the hell I put my USB adaptor for Playstation controllers. Way too much keys to play with keyboard :-\

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds