Re: New Soccer Game heavily inspired by Sensible Soccer - "Natural Soccer"

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #117416 by thorsten
Dear Sensible Soccer Fans,

my name is Thorsten and I am currently developing an arcade soccer game called Natural Soccer - heavily inspired by classics like Kick Off and Sensible Soccer.

You can find a short gameplay video, screen shots and much more information on NaturalSoccer.com .

I am reading on this forum for quite a while now and I am very curious about your opinions about Natural Soccer! So any feedback is highly appreciated - THANK YOU!

~ Thorsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #117417 by ElMichaJ
well this looks interesting :)

there are some questions like:

- tacklings ?
- headers ?
- online playing ?

if these three questions are answered well, i would give you community support with sensiblessoccer.de system by different skin style

i am looking forward to play :)

german contact in skype is: elmichaj

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #117418 by thorsten
Hi ElMichaJ,

thank you for your quick reply :D !

Answering your questions:

- I already implemented sliding tackles which lead to a foul if you hit an opponent before the ball. What s still missing and what I am working on is improving the free-kicks that might follow. Currently there is no wall yet and no cards. Penalties also do not exists yet. But I definitely plan to add those as well but I am not sure they will be part of release 1.0 or will follow later.

- Headers are fully implemented and will be part of release 1.0. Theycan be passing to a team mate or being a shot on goal (depends on which button was pressed). I experimented with after touch for them but figured out to disable AT for headers - unless testers will later prove me wrong on this assumption. What is missing and will follow later (after 1.0) are diving headers.

- Online Playing: The code is designed to support online playing on fast connections with a low ping. That is, there is experimental code for LAN and Bluetooth connections (yes, Natural Soccer is also targeted at mobile devices!) that looks very promising. What is still missing is more sophisticated network code with predictions and the like which is essential for general network play on a WAN. Having said that, online play will definitely not be part of release 1.0 but is high on the TODO list for following releases. For the first release I concentrate on the AI to allow for exciting and fun one player matches and even more so for local multiplayer matches with up to 4 human players on the same computer which can play in any combination: 1-on-1, 2-on-2, 2-on-CPU, 3-on-CPU,...

Thanks again for your feedback and your questions - I am *really* looking forward of more to come! :D

11 years 3 weeks ago #117423 by ElMichaJ
interesting ^^

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #117426 by St.Vitus
Thorsten - can you tell me what platforms will be supported?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #117428 by thorsten

Thorsten - can you tell me what platforms will be supported?

Sure :) ! Natural Soccer is targeted at PC, Linux, Mac, Android and - maybe later - IOS.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #117443 by St.Vitus

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #117506 by Escher89
Wow, this looks really promising!
I ve got some questions so.
What kind of skill system do you use?
Will there be a career mode?
How editable will be Teams/Leagues/Divisions?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117508 by thorsten
Thank you :D !

SKILL SYSTEM

Sorry, I don t quite get the question. If you are referring to the player s attributes, there is a very simple answer: the first version does not feature any skills. That is, each player/team has the same speed, accuracay and so on. But for later versions, adding individual players with different attributes is definitely on my todo list!

CAREER MODE

Quite the same answer as before: since I am eager to release Natural Soccer as soon as possible to get your feedback, the very first version is reduced to the max . That is, maximum playability but nothing more - rather similar to Kick Off 1. But if people like Natural Soccer I have *a lot* of plans for upcoming versions. Career mode is one of them.

If I d would add all of the features I d like to see myself to version 1.0 I could go on for years before finishing the first release - and that s not what I want to do. I will rather release early and often, based on your feedback.

EDITING TEAMS,...

Sorry, I am repeating myself :-) Not in the first release but high on my todo list :-)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #117522 by Escher89
Thanks for the quick reply. I get it. First work on the gameplay and not on different modes.
Good thinking. I wish you good luck for the development!

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds