Re: swos 96/97 source codes petition

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #65498 by sensibleswos
I m starting a new source codes petition on facebook. I would like you all to join and once we get enough members I ll pass it on to codemasters jon hare. whats quite amusing is that peer lawther has signed up and he used to work for codemasters ;)

www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=73606839505 ref=nf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #65507 by _sox_
is that a petition to get swos code? O.o

More
14 years 10 months ago #65508 by sensibleswos
I want codemasters to give us the source codes so we can edit the game to make it better. ie add more leagues, computer sent off etc.

More
14 years 10 months ago #65690 by Tomplus
I invite.
Good idea, but this is second petition and I think a petition should be internal site.

example:
petition.sensiblesoccer.de,
petycja.sensiblesoccer.pl,
opensourcecodepetition.swos.pl,
sensiblepetition.sensiman.pl

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #65727 by jankula

I m starting a new source codes petition on facebook. I would like you all to join and once we get enough members I ll pass it on to codemasters jon hare. whats quite amusing is that peer lawther has signed up and he used to work for codemasters ;)

www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=73606839505 ref=nf

And about petition for source code: that effort is Futile ( Jon will never give to You, or Anybody Else, the source code,WHY ? )

3 reasons:

1. Money
2, Big Money
3, About His Ultimate training in future (maybe now) To Bring Coolio_Jack On His Knees, at last, Once for All (Higly Unlikely)

More
14 years 10 months ago #65731 by EreWeGo
Hey Sensibleswos - although I think your intentions for a petition to release the SWOS source code are noble and for the good of SWOS fans everywhere, I m afraid I d have to agree with Jankula on this one: I m afraid it s just not going to happen any time soon. Codies obviously paid for the rights to the Sensible games, and even if they have no immediate plans for developing further incarnations of SWOS, they re not going to just release the source code to the SWOS community for nothing.

Don t get me wrong, I d love for Codies to suprise me, but I won t be holding my breath. As an example, when I was making mods for Sensible Soccer 2006, there were some things we couldn t change/mod, without a little info/help from the developers. Now remember, Codies didn t even release one official patch for the game, and the modders had made many changes and fixes that made the game a TON better than on release. We were only trying to make their game better - and we were doing it for free! We begged them for any info that they could pass on to help us...even asked if they could just confirm if some things were even changeable, and yet they still came back with a No ....that shows you what you re dealing with....

So good luck mate, I ll sign too, but just don t get your hopes up...

More
14 years 10 months ago #65736 by Tomplus
So why not Codemaster released a new version of Sensible PC?
Where do they rush to the money?

This may be afraid?

I would like to do something in the community, Open SWOS. Like other people will do such games as: Jagged Alliance ( second game alfter SWOS), Transport Tyccon Deluxe, Quake and other ... but listed the games have the same fanatics like us in relation to SWOS.

Thanks to joint efforts that is organized online and offline tournaments, Sensible maintain alive.
I wager that if our community is dead ... Codemaster not bought the rights to SWOS a.

If the new petition is to do something ... they must do so to promote other organizations, those associated with Open Source.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds