Spanish Primera & Segunda Division Update (including latest winter transfers)

• yfel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #80913 by yfel
Most of new updates absolutely groveling ! He sould be FSC with 15 Passing.-14 Shooting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80925 by Bomb
mhh, I really appreciate the effort of kingtobo, even if the skillz dont fit to reality. I m sure, 5-star-player messi has all skillz he needs for swos.
btw, as their are no different sizes of players in swos, every player has the same chances to head the ball... ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #81414 by MIJB#19

Messi with H(eading) as one of his main skills?
That leads this update ad absurdum... Sorry...

Most logical explanation is that he made Messi an all 7s player Attacker, which would lead to SWOS to think Messi s main skills are Heading and Finishing.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #81435 by Mozg

Messi with H(eading) as one of his main skills?
That leads this update ad absurdum... Sorry...

Most logical explanation is that he made Messi an all 7s player Attacker, which would lead to SWOS to think Messi s main skills are Heading and Finishing.

Surely. That s the reason why Messi has also H in my updates. He just has all maximum skills to give him 15M+ price. The same situation is with rest of top-class players. SWOS is not perfect (as we think :) ) and it s not possible to make any skills much better than another skills when creating a top-class player (and also a bottom-class player :P ). We can notice that the possibility of setting any three-letters signature is when players attributes is at most 7 6 5 4 4 4 4 (descending) which gives us value equal to 1.9M, and it is only just first 4-starred value. When creating better players it s not possible to set any signature (the better player, the less possibilities is available). But I really don t care about it, SWOS is just an arcade game, from which I don t expect realism, I just expect fun :) And in general I consider this update as a piece of good work :) (I think George Weah also wasn t excellent header (maybe I m wrong?), but he has H in singature, because he s just 15M+ player :) )

More
14 years 2 months ago #81519 by kingtobo

Surely. That s the reason why Messi has also H in my updates. He just has all maximum skills to give him 15M+ price. The same situation is with rest of top-class players. [...] But I really don t care about it, SWOS is just an arcade game, from which I don t expect realism, I just expect fun :) And in general I consider this update as a piece of good work :)

OK...

I think Mozg has explained it perfectly.

Messi is an 15M+ player, so I had to put him the maximum value for every skill. What if he has the H letter?

Remember: SWOS is just an arcade game, maybe the best footbal game in the history of computer games. 14 years after the launch of SWOS, whe could be happy with the fans and the active communtity that make live this game today.

Thanks, and enjoy the update!

: - )

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #81527 by electrospectre
thro utilisation of fridlender s editor (1.4?) you can determine sir lionel s skills to be 7 7 7 6 (heading) 7 7...

and also set his value to £15 million. :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #81531 by Mozg

thro utilisation of fridlender s editor (1.4?) you can determine sir lionel s skills to be 7 7 7 6 (heading) 7 7...

and also set his value to £15 million. :)

If we ll think that way, so In my opinion also probably tackling of Messi should be decreased, and it will turn out that on the whole world there is no player that deserves 15M+ price (or maybe even 5 stars). That wouldn t be correct as I think. 15M+ is in SWOS value reserved for the best players and Messi is surely worth it. Additionally, an attacker with not good heading is just not good attacker, which is noticeable when looking at ticks and crosses. SWOS also think of that player as a player that hasn t proper skills to play forward and then the player can generally play worse. In my opinion, to fit SWOS nature, excellent attacker just must have excellent heading :)

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #81535 by electrospectre
beg to differ, sorry mozg... ;)

however, it depends on the rest of the players within the database...

say, i have edited all of my players on the game to be between 1-7 to be as realistic as possible (never understood 1-16, 7-16 or whatever, i must admit) and have adjudged mr messi to be 7 7 5 7 7 4 (two 5 for heading and 4 for tackling) and set him to be £15 million. i take your point how a deserving £15million player on the game should be the ultimate, but he is still, by my editor, easily the best player and striker in the game with green ticks.

possibly for swos purists like yourself, maximum figures are preferrable, but to me, that s jus not realistic enough for season 09/10...

but perhaps i have gone too far- i have raised the pace of most lower league players to be around 3, because it is absurd to for them to be half as fast as those a league above. older players have their speed set to 2 or below btw. although the game plays alot better, this took me day upon day!

More
14 years 2 months ago #81540 by Mozg

beg to differ, sorry mozg... ;)

however, it depends on the rest of the players within the database...

say, i have edited all of my players on the game to be between 1-7 to be as realistic as possible (never understood 1-16, 7-16 or whatever, i must admit) and have adjudged mr messi to be 7 7 5 7 7 4 (two 5 for heading and 4 for tackling) and set him to be £15 million. i take your point how a deserving £15million player on the game should be the ultimate, but he is still, by my editor, easily the best player and striker in the game with green ticks.

possibly for swos purists like yourself, maximum figures are preferrable, but to me, that s jus not realistic enough for season 09/10...

but perhaps i have gone too far- i have raised the pace of most lower league players to be around 3, because it is absurd to for them to be half as fast as those a league above. older players have their speed set to 2 or below btw. although the game plays alot better, this took me day upon day!

So you just set manually inproper value... Well, it is some solution, but I just don t like it... In all original versions of SWOS, prices are set exactly to the abilities, and I treat it just as a holy rule of updating SWOS . To be honest, I didn t met before any updates with manually set prices... It s permitted, but I just don t like it :) And I think I m not alone with that...

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 1 month ago #81562 by Synchronated
If you make Messi *actually worth* 15M or 15m+ in SWOS-world you have to set his heading to 7 or 15. That s just how it is, unfortunately. You could never call it incorrect , I think that s certainly unduly harsh, SWOS is limited like this, but I guess there is the option of fudging the stats (but then he s only actually as good as a 7M player). A better option might be to keep him at 12M (7766777).

The main point I would raise is that players such as Xavi and Diarra are Ms, not RWs, otherwise if you buy Xavi or Diarra in the game you are forced to play him wide right, out of position, the whole time. Just like with Patrick Vieira in SWOS 96-97. Since a while ago I decided only to label a player with a position if it could be said that it was his preferred position. But that s just me :)

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds