Re: Synchronated Updates: Fictional...

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #116933 by Synchronated
Morning all

I have prepared a full dataset for SWOS9697 which is full of entirely fictional (generated and moderated) but believable players and teams. Players are unique, have been given a suitable appearance for their name/nationality, have been given varied generated skills which will fit their playing position with various success, have nationalities which will fit the league where they are playing. The overall player abilities in leagues and the dataset as a whole are balanced; the national teams are the pick of the clubs players based on nationality. Teams tactics are varied, not just all 4-4-2.

There are two versions, one with the original SWOS team names and kits, another with fictionalised team names and generated kits (in case this is necessary for a release). The players will be identical in each of these, it s just the team info which will differ.

The purpose of this is twofold:
- have an interesting, believable and balanced gameworld with personality, which will never go out of date and will hopefully have charm
- create a database that Codemasters/whoever can use for future versions of SWOS without having to worry whatsoever about licensing

I have not imported any of this into SWOS data files yet but that is a formality due to recent work which converts editable data into raw hex for SWOS data files.
I m looking for any ideas/suggestions you may have that I might have missed before I start importing, so let me know.

Cheers
Sync

PS This does not affect anything else; annual update for 13/14 is planned as usual but will now be quicker to import.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rw9018
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #116941 by rw9018
Replied by rw9018 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates: Fictional...
Sounds interesting...

Is there any suggestion that Codemasters or anyone else might be working on a future version of swos? Would be great if someone could edit the source code to include Copa Libertadores and update the Champions League etc...

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #116944 by Synchronated
You d hope that they d do a console one that was accessible, customisable and playable online with full gameplay, leagues and lobbies etc.

The last one only failed not because no-one was interested in SWOS, but because, well, it failed on these points (online play being much worse than existing Kaillera etc.).
Turn that shitty goal-effect off and just make online play work at all, and the xbox reboot would ve sold shedloads.

Lots of money waiting to be made.

More
11 years 2 months ago #116968 by MIJB#19
Just to get a complete picture - player skills and prizes are random too, or are they based on the associated team strengths?

More
11 years 2 months ago #116991 by Synchronated
Player prices are based on the associated team strengths, with each individual being randomised +/- a few points relative to the overall team strength. They are sorted by overall rating within squads, so you won t (for example) get a worse midfielder being in the team while a better one (overall) is on the bench. Stronger teams will be better than weaker teams in the same way as before.

Players individual skills (PVHTCSF) are generated randomly but within boundaries that are realistic for their position (i.e. wingers more likely to be fast, centre backs more likely to be great headers, etc.) - these are then scaled up/down to give the right amount of skill points to fit the overall player price.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #116992 by Synchronated
Here is the raw data how it currently is (ordered by club).
There is more than this (real and generated shirt colours, tactics, other calculations) but here s the idea for the basic squads.

www.mediafire.com/view/?h8qahkbas8692dv

Some notes:
Players skin/hair colour is generated randomly based on their nationality but adjusted manually if it couldn t fit their name realistically (e.g. an English player with a Nigerian name should not be a blond white guy).
All club and player names are short enough to be SWOS compatible.
Some clubs only exist to make sure there are enough players of a certain nationality to fill national teams up. As such they may not have names, just ZIM01 for example.
The star player for each club has a specific shirt number (the rest are 99 and will be replaced with standard numbers upon data import into SWOS). This feature of the data enables the teams to not all have the exact same player numbers in the same positions (which they otherwise would, and it would be dull and transparent). Squad numbers cannot be applied to all players because the first 11 is not defined until the import stage and Amiga SWOS insists on 1-11/12-16.
Nationalities and leagues are as per original SWOS so that no-one has to worry about a new exe/swos2 file.
As usual, the PVHTCSF values are not absolute but relative, and will be scaled to give the correct amount of skill points for the player s value in the actual swos files.

Oh, and I guess there is some kind of copyright on this data, so by all means use it for any free stuff but talk to me if you would plan to use it for anything commercial such as a working online version of SWOS for the XBOX360. Thanks

More
11 years 2 months ago #117008 by MIJB#19
I think it s cool stuff!

More
10 years 10 months ago #118952 by Lopez
Sorry about the dumb question, but how can I use this on PC SWOS 96/97?

More
10 years 10 months ago #118955 by Synchronated
It would have to be imported into the SWOS database files first. That would take a few weeks and hasn t happened yet, sorry.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds