Gamepad control

• bassman100
  • bassman100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 week ago #118390 by bassman100
Gamepad control was created by bassman100
Hi,

New to this site after downloading SWOS a few days ago (from Gog.com). I m a big fan of the game from my Amiga days.

I ve just bought a Speedlink Strike Gamepad to use with the game but it doesn t work, even though its calibrated on Windows.

The game works through Dosbox on Windows 8.

Can I use my Gamepad with this setup? If not is there anywhere I can get a copy of the game with which I can use the gamepad? I don t really want to be using keyboard or mouse.

These may be regular questions but I m a bit stuck at the moment! :-\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #118401 by FIncad
Replied by FIncad on topic Re: Gamepad control
Hi!
Run the game with swos++ patch activated (in start up option instruction screen).
In main menu window there is a swos++ box, choose it, then choose controls and choose there js+kb or just js. Then calibrate it with instrucions shown in screen. Should do the trick, hopefully. Works here with win8 and old microsoft pad.

Cheers

Fincad

More
8 years 6 months ago #131037 by Dwthomson
Replied by Dwthomson on topic Re: Gamepad control
I have a Logitech game controller with Windows 10 but no luck getting it to work. Can you give a little more info on your solution? How do I get to the start up options?

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 5 months ago #131350 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: Gamepad control
I ve tried using an Xbox 360 pad with ++ and I can t get it work at all. I configure the pad, and get the little numbers appearing (though they re not stable, the numbers are changing rapidly the whole time).

Then, I can navigate the menus fine, but as soon as I try to play a game I can t move the players properly :(

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds