World Cup Brazil 2014 SWOS DIY tournament for PC and Amiga

More
9 years 10 months ago #124712 by Mozg
Hi!

Finally I ve created updated Brazil 2014 DIY tournament files. All teams line-ups are based on matchday one of group stage :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #124713 by Brummielad
Awesome! Thanks for this. I prefer the Amiga version over PC though, so um, where do I put he files? I m using Amiga Total Pack.

More
9 years 10 months ago #124714 by Mozg
To run it on Amiga you have to put WC2014.DIY file into a SWOS save disk file (.ADF). To open it you have to install ADF viewer (www.viksoe.dk/code/downloads/adfview.zip) and then you will be able to open .ADF files by clicking (just like folders). Then paste WC2014.DIY to your SWOS save disk. You can also rename TEAM.072 to CUSTOMS.EDT and also put in on save disk and then team squads should appear in the game as edited custom teams .

More
9 years 10 months ago #124715 by captaincofresi
Thanks so much, works fine as far as I can see. And an updated away kit for the Netherlands :-).

• NieSch
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #124716 by NieSch
Great! Thanks a lot.

More
9 years 10 months ago #124723 by captaincofresi
Now played it a couple of times: To me the 4-2-4 team tactics for Spain and Australia just seems quite unrealistic, and not at all what they are playing... howcome this happened?

More
9 years 10 months ago #124724 by Mozg
I m using 4-2-4 because it s most similar in SWOS to the most popular formation nowadays - 4-2-3-1. All line-ups were taken by me from this site: www.football-lineups.com/tourn/World_Cup_Brazil_2014/

More
9 years 10 months ago #124733 by captaincofresi
Thanks for explaining, nice that you used the standard tactics. I understand it s hard to translate the oncoming backs tactics to SWOS without creating a custom tactic. I also played a bit with 4-3-3 in SWOS, only it then just seems I kinda got no midfield left anymore. Then again Ricky s SWOS tactics also recommends just playing with 2 strikers in front, because they might get in the way of each other when you play with 3.

• Tortuga
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #125057 by Tortuga
Thank you very much it will be much fun to replay the WC with my own desires happening. :)

Sorry for the question but this will be the first team tournament pack I m adding manually, so I don t know how to exactly make this installment work? On PC.

Thank you again!

More
9 years 9 months ago #125059 by Playaveli
Copy diy file to main directory, in case of total pack that should be sth like p02/sws97...
Then run SWOS, go to ++ menu and edit DIY file to choose your player team.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds