Absolute Beginner Help

• Arthur_Dinnermint
  • Arthur_Dinnermint's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #48667 by Arthur_Dinnermint
Absolute Beginner Help was created by Arthur_Dinnermint
Hi, Ive had 96/97 (downloaded from here - forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=629.0 ) running a few times but keep running into problems and I m wondering if I m making any mistakes on the initial Install from the CD.

So, from the CD do I simply run the Install.exe file and follow the prompts to download onto my C drive and the setup sound and control or is there something else I should be doing to download it?

Once Ive done the above I ve experienced probs such as (i) crashing, (ii) the picture jumping half a millimeter side to side (which is bad on the eyes) or (iii) the crowd sound being patchy and the game running at half speed.

If somebody could just clarify the initial Install proceedure from disk to harddrive that would be great thanks, much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #48675 by Playaveli
PC SWOS doesn t run on XP just stand-alone. You need to use dosbox or VDMsound which is admittedly quite complicated.
The best and easiest solution is to use the Total Pack, download it here:
forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=4199.0

• Arthur_Dinnermint
  • Arthur_Dinnermint's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 9 months ago #48680 by Arthur_Dinnermint
Replied by Arthur_Dinnermint on topic Re: Absolute Beginner Help
Thank you Playaveli.

I am following your VDMS tips thread but I m finding although the sound is spot on theres an onscreen flicker during the game (slight left/right jump) and it crashes every 2nd game. I was wondering if perhaps I m not doing the first running of d:\install.exe wrong or something (my CD is in my D drive) as I follow all your other advice spot on.

Once I ve installed it to my C drive and I right click C:\swos\install.exe and run it using VDMS, when I m in the Advanced.../Program/Program Information part do I pick {Program:] C:\swos\install.exe [Run in:] C:\swos or do I select the D drive versions (your advice thread lists E drive but my CD is in D drive).

I hope this isn t confusing and I m sorry but I am really new to all this stuff (how much easier slipping a disk into the Amiga was lol) but I m wondering that as I m running C:\swos\install.exe with VDMS I should be entering C:\ instead of D:\.

Thanks again :-)

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds