Sensi Day 2014, Budapest?

More
11 years 9 months ago #113290 by dimetrodon
I have read a very-very kind message about Sensi Days in Hungary. I would like to answer with my hearth, and with my SWoS infected soul, but I won’t. I will answer with cool head, so it won’t be happy or funny. : (

The Hungarian community isn’t in a good shape.

We were always a small community, only 6 Hungarian members played online more then once, and +2 member offline. The 6 members live in 6 different towns. Nowadays only 4 of us active, and only 2 of the 4 on daily basis.

We have IRL problems, mainly not huge problems (eg. new babies :D) but most of us have work/money problems also, I am just starting my second job beside my first, and some of us too. You can count our guys in Almelo with only using the number called one. Only Sir Bromberg could make it.

We had a plan, that we might make a bid for SD2013 or SD2014. But I am pretty sure that we won’t. I won’t tell more detailed IRL problems, but one fact is enough: We are discussing if we want to dismiss the Hungarian Online League, and the rest join EL instead :(

Only a side problem, that we don’t have any single Amiga, we don’t have any single old PC. Not any single Hungarian player played on Amiga only on SD. Every Hungarian offline event was emulation event. OK, technical problems can be solved, if have money and time. But we have no money and no time.

Add one thing. We never had any international event, and not event with more than 10 player.

Enough of complains. Some optimistic plans: We have an “old” plan. Make a smaller international event in Budapest. A small, but quality event. (Not SWoS quality, but fun factor.) Eg. we want to see again our Serbian friends from Belgrade Open, and many German, Bulgarian and other guys (I mention them, as my only international event was in Belgrade).

I would be very happy if we can make this event this autumn. Hopefully we can. Might or may.

Next step can be the next SDs somewhere. Notable players like Szeszesek, AX (or me) never felt the atmosphere, and learn the details of our World Cup. So our big plan to visit next SD, hopefully as a team of many Hungarian player. Almelo was too expensive for us (not the place, but the travelling cost, versus our money). Hopefully the good guys from Portugal won’t bid for 2013 :D

Third step can be a second international event, and the final step would be SD2014, or 2015.

So that is how I can see the Sensi Days in Hungary project.
8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #113291 by xflea
Replied by xflea on topic Re: Sensi Day 2014, Budapest?
seems like a reasonable plan

emm, I meant sensible :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #113292 by dimetrodon
It is sensible, if we make you, and many other Polish guys to ahead south then. :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #113513 by swoozh
we are planning to visit sziget 2013 and to stay in budapest for 10 days. If you plan an international tournament around the same period, mayb m4rk and I will join it. Maybe some other Dutch guys also

More
11 years 8 months ago #113587 by Romanista
ah, lovely budapest..

More
11 years 8 months ago #113591 by dimetrodon
Swoozh! Very nice idea!

More
11 years 8 months ago #113647 by andib
Replied by andib on topic Re: Sensi Day 2014, Budapest?
If it is possible I would like to go to Budapest as well.

I have never been to Hungary.

If we are lucky Djowger could join us as well 8)

More
11 years 1 month ago #117602 by swoozh
We have booked our hotel in Budapest from tuesday 6 August till tuesday 13 august, the hotel is located at Margitsziget island. Mostly we are there to visit the Sziget festival, but feel free to invite us to play some SWOS ;-)

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds