Can't play more than 7 games after MegaPatch 3 installed.

• Robberg
  • Robberg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #57551 by Robberg
I’ve recently installed MegaPatch 3 and am really pleased with the improvements – it’s like a totally new game. However, I am unable to play more than 7 games in a row. e.g. If I start the 8th game in a league the game crashes and I receive a message saying “Sensible Soccer 2006.dat has stopped responding”. This happens if I start the game with Sensi Starter or the normal Sensible Soccer shortcut. If the game crashes after I’ve started the game using Sensi Starter I also get a message saying “Sensi Starter has stopped responding”. I have also noticed that the games saved up until that point have disappeared and that games saved under Sensi Starter and Sensible Soccer are different. I am using Vista, but never had any problems with Sensible Soccer and Vista before this and I’ve installed previous MegaPatches. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it made no difference. Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #57563 by EreWeGo
Hi Robberg,

glad you re enjoying the patch, but a shame you re experiencing this problem. If it happens whether you use the Sensi Starter or the normal shortcut, it sounds like a database problem, so I will contact the database experts and see if they can help. What teams are you using for the league? Also, what team data are you using? (Original, Classic, or Updated 08/09).

As far as the save games - unfortunately, if the game crashes, the code that copies the save game data back will not run. If this happens, there is a way you should be able to copy the same game back manually.

If you re using say the Updated 08/09 team data, and the game crashes, then for Vista copy the files in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Sensible Soccer 2006\Main Game Save , to C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Sensible Soccer 2006\mods\updated\Main Game Save .

If you were using the Classic team data, then you would copy the files in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Sensible Soccer 2006\Main Game Save , to C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Sensible Soccer 2006\mods\classic\Main Game Save etc.

I hope this makes sense. I ll let the other guys know about the crashing, and if you could let us know the teams/league/data you re using that d be great.

:)

• Robberg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #57565 by Robberg
Hi, EreWeGo.

I am using the updated 08/09 teams and playing the English Premiership. I don’t suppose it matters but I play as Liverpool. It’s actually after 9 games have been played and I go to start the 10th game, (Chelsea), that it then crashes. It goes as far as the last screen before the game starts and when I click on “play” the game crashes and I just get the desktop with the “Sensible Soccer 2006.dat has stopped responding” or “Sensi Starter has stopped responding”. I have saved the game each time I finish a game and they are saved OK but only up to 9 games.

More
15 years 2 months ago #57572 by EreWeGo
Hi Robberg,

thanks for that - I ve let the guys know about your post, and I ll email them the details too, see if there s something we can sort out...

:)

• Sganton
  • Sganton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #57629 by Sganton
Hi Robberg,

We are aware of this bug and we will provide a fix for it in update 1.1 which is to be released somepoint in February. Please drop us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that we can add you on are mailing list. You can also use that address to notify us of any other problem you would like us to fix.

Regards,

Sganton

More
15 years 2 months ago #57711 by Muzzer71
Hi Robberg... just a thought, does this happen whenever you play a game with Chelsea as one of the teams? That s the only obvious thing I can think of. I do remember we had a problem with Chelsea before, but I thought it had been fixed.

Let me know, if so we ll take a look at the Chelsea team and see if there are any glaring errors in the database.

Cheers

• Robberg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 2 months ago #57856 by Robberg
I think it must be something to do with Chelsea. I have since managed to play and save each time 17 games in the English Premier League but when it came to play Chelsea the game crashed with the message “SensibleSoccer.dat has stopped working”.

More
15 years 1 month ago #58192 by Muzzer71
Hi Robberg,

I thought it might be that one of the subs was causing the problem because I could play a normal game against Chelsea without any problem... but I have also managed to play with all the substitutes in the team, and still there are no issues. So I don t think it s the database which is causing the crash.

@Sganton / EreWeGo, any ideas guys?

• Robberg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 1 month ago #58213 by Robberg
Chelsea may be a red herring as I have since started the English League as Wolverhampton Wanderers and when I started the 5th game which was away to Sheffield United the game crashed with the same message. I hope this can be sorted because I really enjoy playing the game!

More
15 years 1 month ago #58273 by EreWeGo
Hey Robberg. This is obviously using the Updated team data? (08/09). If so, just as a test, can you try playing through using the Standard team data instead? This way, if you have no crashes, then we ll know it s related to the team data updates somehow...

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds