Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

More
7 years 11 months ago #133515 by Rock and Roll
Busy with Iceland at the moment: 8/13 done.
One quick bit of added information on the problems with the Faroe Islands update.
I had an old career in the Faroe Islands with the original team.011.
I replaced the team.011 with my version.
After finishing a season the new season had no league games, only cup games....
Maybe that can help debug it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #133519 by Playaveli
Thanks, Rock!
Update: Finished ESTONIA league!

Moving on to LATVIA league now!

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133520 by higgipoker
shameless_plug
Hey playa, how about creating an account and uploading to your dataset as the files are ready... then we can all take a look ;D
/shameless_plug

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133539 by Rock and Roll
Looking for a few fun-filled hours of football related internet?
Try finding all necessary information to update the El Salvador league :D.

Man oh man. Teams have to buy their spot in the league.
Some teams bought other teams spot, then reappear a few seasons later.
There s one team in the Primera (Firpo) who bought Juventud Independiente s spot.
So now they play in the Primera, and in the Segunda.
They were too late to register their name, so they have to use Juventud s name in
the Primera (though the strip etc. is Firpo s), and in the Segunda they use their affiliate :D.

Team information (especially away kits) is sometimes hard to find (e.g. non-existant).
Player names are even harder.

Using the Primera and Segunda Divisions I can fill the first three SWOS leagues.
I can find Wikipedia entries for 12 more teams in the different groups of the Tercera...so they are going to form the bottom league :).
Names are harder, so I might have to be....uhhh...creative......
Marino Parusco, José Playaveli, Colinha, Andibinho, or maybe a lot of dudes called Fernandez, Hernandez etc. :)

Oh, just because they have their own spot in SWOS history as being the worst team in the game...
11 Wolves will not be the worst team this time as they will play in the 2nd El Salvador League.
Did you guys know they are the oldest team in El Salvador that still plays association football?

More
7 years 11 months ago #133540 by higgipoker
Maybe there s an El Salvador forum somewhere where you could make friends with some fans...? ;D

More
7 years 11 months ago #133541 by Rock and Roll
Hehe. I know a little bit of Spanish, but only a little bit. Never heard of the LW star Higgipocchia? :P

There are Facebook pages etc, so if I really can t find stuff I might send out a few emails...in English :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #133542 by higgipoker
Higgipocchia? Of course! Not only a star player, but a LARGE WHITE STAR player ;D

More
7 years 11 months ago #133543 by higgipoker
Just as an aside, I hope people are being more conservative with their ratings than in previous updates. Just my opinion of course, but a lot updates in the past have had way too many white star players! And average professional journeymen were all getting big yellow stars.

For example original swos has one of the greatest midfield players ever, Roy Keane (coming from a Liverpool fan!) as a big yellow star at his peak. Not many midfielders today are BETTER than Keano.

I feel small white stars should be reserved for magically special players. Big white stars only for players who could be considered the greatest of all time in their position. Messi, Ronaldo, yes. Eden Hazard? No!

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #133545 by Playaveli
@ higgi: This is handled, through price table of EDITING RULES.

@ Rock: Don t forget Spanish wikipedia: es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Deportivo_Once_Lobos
You should be able to find what you need. 8)

More
7 years 11 months ago #133546 by armandojimenez

Hehe. I know a little bit of Spanish, but only a little bit. Never heard of the LW star Higgipocchia? :P

There are Facebook pages etc, so if I really can t find stuff I might send out a few emails...in English :)

all you need in spanish i can help you :)

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds