Re: SWOS 16/17 - The official unofficial Update

More
7 years 10 months ago #133547 by Rock and Roll
Thanks all :). Biggest problem is that it s just not well documented. Some sites (e.g. wiki) haven t been updated in years.
We ll get there, and if I need anything I know where to ask :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #133548 by Playaveli

Thanks all :). Biggest problem is that it s just not well documented. Some sites (e.g. wiki) haven t been updated in years.

Bear in mind what kind of problems Mike Hammond and Serge van Hoof (original SWOS researches) must have had in 1994/5/6...
I think it s much easier for us, now! ;)
We ll make it, no doubt.

More
7 years 10 months ago #133549 by lobo

Bear in mind what kind of problems Mike Hammond and Serge van Hoof (original SWOS researches) must have had in 1994/5/6...
I think it s much easier for us, now! ;)
We ll make it, no doubt.

Was about to say it. I read somewhere they used to send faxes to the clubs and keep fingers crossed waiting for the answers.

More
7 years 10 months ago #133550 by higgipoker

Was about to say it. I read somewhere they used to send faxes to the clubs and keep fingers crossed waiting for the answers.

Yeah it s easy to lose sight these days of just what an awesome achievement it was. Not only the logistical achievement, but back then it was just jaw dropping when you installed the game and realized what you had!

I could play (and manage!) as my local small town team from Northern Ireland! Absolutely unprecedented back then! Had the game been released 2 years later, I might have been in it! :P

More
7 years 10 months ago #133552 by Rock and Roll

Yeah it s easy to lose sight these days of just what an awesome achievement it was. Not only the logistical achievement, but back then it was just jaw dropping when you installed the game and realized what you had!

I could play (and manage!) as my local small town team from Northern Ireland! Absolutely unprecedented back then! Had the game been released 2 years later, I might have been in it! :P

Totally true. It was and still is an awesome achievement, though I wonder how accurate e.g. the teams from the 3rd division in El Salvador actually were. It s hard enough to find the proper information these days, let alone what they must have had to do to get even close to an accurate representation!

Now I wonder which team you played for higgi. A scout came to watch me play when I was 15/16ish here in Clogland, though to this very day I haven t a clue why. The poor man must have left within the first five minutes :D :D :D :D

More
7 years 10 months ago #133554 by higgipoker
There s a little clue in this post ... digital-minds-blog.blogspot.co.at/2014/03/the-story-so-far.html

;)

Yeah I was supposedly scouted by Liverpool and Everton when I was 15... but everyone says that, right? Ended up playing a bit of amateur/semi-pro here in Austria. My claim to fame is having played with someone who played with Hristo Stoichkov! And I once marked the South Korea World Cup captain. And by marked I mean I chased him up and down a pitch for 45 mins ;D

More
7 years 10 months ago #133556 by Sida79
I was just thinking that the other day. It really is mind-boggling.

Btw, don t know if we ve mentioned it in the 0-7/8-15 thing, but I think 8-15 are also the numbers that show as skills a player has on the transfer list.
With just 0-7 it will seem players don t have any skills worth mentioning :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #133562 by djowGer
Danish league and national team done! I can do the rest of scandinavia if needed. Norway, Sweden Finland.

More
7 years 9 months ago #133564 by Playaveli

Danish league and national team done! I can do the rest of scandinavia if needed. Norway, Sweden Finland.

Very nice. Needed and welcomed!
Good job!

Assignments updated:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26241.0

More
7 years 9 months ago #133570 by Bomb
As I collect the data for each team in a libreoffice file first, I was too lazy to check the price table every time.
so I created a sort of mapping which you can see in the screenshot. did the same for positions (because I get my data from wikipedia).
feel free to use it... (_vorlage.ods)
[a filled example you can see in cap_verde.ods]
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds