Palette remap e graphic enhancements

More
3 years 10 months ago #143637 by Kanchelskis
Hi there and thank you for the big effort, waiting for the new Total Pack as I loved to mix the pitch styles together!

I've read a lot of suggestions (cool ideas mainly) and I think that working on adding shirt styles (at least half shirt like Blackburn and Genoa or horizontal band like Boca) would be great, but I don't know if it can be done.

Btw, I have studied player palettes and I was asking myself if we can add more cluts so that player graph switch from 16 colours (only 8 used by kits) to at least 32 or even better 64 (passing from an old EGA/VGA to an anyway old but better SVGA system).

If this is not possible, are there chances that we could relink the colours of the kits? I.e. we have 3 shades of gray, 2 of black, 2 of brown and 2 of orange. Forcing the colour assignement on the database and using higher values you'll see that players shirts will be coloured with skin ones (orange, brown), hair ones and pitch ones.
Could be interesting trying to switch the standard kit gray to purple and the standard kit orange to dark blue to have 2 more colours using the other stored gray and orange for those colours.
What do you think? Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #143639 by starwindz

Hi there and thank you for the big effort, waiting for the new Total Pack as I loved to mix the pitch styles together!

I've read a lot of suggestions (cool ideas mainly) and I think that working on adding shirt styles (at least half shirt like Blackburn and Genoa or horizontal band like Boca) would be great, but I don't know if it can be done.

Btw, I have studied player palettes and I was asking myself if we can add more cluts so that player graph switch from 16 colours (only 8 used by kits) to at least 32 or even better 64 (passing from an old EGA/VGA to an anyway old but better SVGA system).

If this is not possible, are there chances that we could relink the colours of the kits? I.e. we have 3 shades of gray, 2 of black, 2 of brown and 2 of orange. Forcing the colour assignement on the database and using higher values you'll see that players shirts will be coloured with skin ones (orange, brown), hair ones and pitch ones.
Could be interesting trying to switch the standard kit gray to purple and the standard kit orange to dark blue to have 2 more colours using the other stored gray and orange for those colours.
What do you think? Is this possible?

It's a very interesting idea. However, the shirts color is strongly hard-coded not only with the source code, but also with the team database. so adding a color simply doesn't seem easy. Will look at the code again to see if this is really impossible. Thank you for the idea:)

More
3 years 10 months ago #143641 by Playaveli
As starwindz said, it's hardcoded.
In theory, everything is possible. But it would require a lot of work.

More
2 years 10 months ago #145027 by Kanchelskis
And here is, after 30 years, a proper purple Fiorentina.
Yeah, there's a bug, as all the light orange stuff is now purple so the players are something like blueberries :D
I used orange but quite any colour can be changed and most of all we can still recolour forcing data files orange teams to use the dark orange skin tone.

At the same time I've discovered a new interesting stuff: as I imagined, having more copies of pal.256 with different colours, just returning to windows and renaming the files, reloading the match Fiorentina returned orange without any crash or trouble.

Imagining a small tool that will make you load or choose the colours isn't that hard in this way...
Attachments:

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #145029 by Kanchelskis
Ok here it is a pal.256 with brown replaced by purple.
I suggest you to place it with a copy of the original pal and rename it pal.256 depending on the team your playing with (brown with Torino or West Ham, purple with Fiorentina or Anderlecht).

In the menu will always be brown.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Kanchelskis.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds