Original teams in SWOS 2020 - suggestion

More
3 years 9 months ago #143715 by Fiddler
Hi,

first of all thanks for your magnificent effort to make SWOS 2020 (and total pack) with all those bells and whistles. Great you're still improving it and updating.

I've got one humble suggestion. I'm perfectly aware that SWOS 2020 is... well... 2020 and one of its "selling points" is current team database, so it could attract new players, who look for the Pogbas of this world.

But what about old players who are not into football so much anymore and still would prefer their Shearers and Schmeichels?

I know that the richness of databases and assets is the feature of Total Pack, but nevertheless it would be cool if SWOS 2020 offered also a "legacy" option - so we could choose if we want to use the modern teams or original 96/97 ones. Just those two sets - not the vastness Total Pack offers.

Sure, it can be done manually by replacing the files, but it's a bit of the hassle, and the launcher forces the update anyway.

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #143781 by TheMasterBrewer
I was thinking this myself! It's great having current team/player data but having the original data with the likes of Batistuta, Gullit, Stoichkov and so on... now that would really take me back :-)

More
3 years 9 months ago #143782 by bosy
idk if you choose year 1996 it should have 1996 players right? do you have to download the total pack then? and there should be new players on the market btw when there's 1998 etc. but it could be difficult to be done.

The ball is round and the goals are two - Casimir Montane

More
3 years 9 months ago #143784 by Playaveli
We could include a legacy 96/97 option. Thanks for this idea, Fiddler.

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds