Your first touch with Sensible Soccer?

More
18 years 1 week ago - 18 years 1 week ago #7272 by Redhair
See the poll. Just interested when you started to play Sensible Soccer.
And tell us something about your personal SWOS history.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 week ago #7278 by Oli O.
I think it was early 1993 (or late 1992) when I met schoolmate Obi-Wan the first times and he showed me a new, good soccergame..........

More
18 years 1 week ago #7279 by RobChef
I played Kick off even on C64 I think, but i didn t like it so this might be the reason why I was not intereted in the sensible stuff. Also played Micropose Soccer and Fifa early versions, then I played 5-a-side-soccer on winuae found on back to the roots . In sommer 2004 I ordered DSL and searched some games which I can play online, this was the time I found ss.de and downloaded the stuff there. I practiced sega version but when I was ready to play online everybody told me amiga version is better... . I started to play amiga and beginning of 2005 I started online losing a lot of games but that was good to learn it fast. So 2004 is the year I first played it, quite late but better late than missing this great game.  ;D

More
18 years 1 week ago #7286 by Redhair
I play Sensible Soccer since day 1 (1992 on Amiga)

In this times I was on a school in Kaiserslautern and I traveled every day by train. Lucky for me there was a shop on the railstation there, where you could buy magazines from the UK. I did always read in that game magazines. I was really a soccer game freak and I liked Kick Off 2. But on some day I saw in The One a review of a soccer game, better than Kick Off or whatever extisted. There was a demo disk on the magazine. It was very expensive (20 DM/ca. 10 Euros), but I bought it and played it at home.

This game was great and perfect for me, I never played Kick Off 2 again! So I HAD TO buy it (and I bought not many games).
This game had a kind of magic for me and I spent really much time with it. More than with any other game.

But on one day, mid of the 90 s, I sold my Amiga and I had, for some reasons (girls, alcohol etc. ;)), a break for years.

But I never sold my first Sensible Soccer game (I still have it). SWOS I never had.

Then, I think it was in the year 2001, I remembered again this beautiful game and searched the internet. I found a review of a german magazine PowerPlay on a website, there I wrote a comment how I like this game. I didn t know that this was a big luck and the birth of a project without this forum would not exist. More later ..

I wondered how good must be SWOS if Sensible Soccer is so great, so I downloaded somewhere the ADF files. I saw it was possible to send this files back to Amiga to play it on the real machine. So I had to buy an Amiga again and I fullfilled my dream of my youth: an Amiga 1200! ONLY FOR SWOS!

So I managed to send the files to disks and I had a nice time of enjoying SWOS, from now on the one and only, till now! So I bought from time to time different versions for different systems on flea markets or at eBay.

Meanwhile Micha contacted people who wrote comments on the website which I told before. He had a website about a group of PC SWOS players in Berlin. His idea was to organize a German Championship and I wanted to support him. So we started together a new project: SensibleSoccer.de
The following user(s) said Thank You: hrvoje

More
18 years 1 week ago #7293 by plamen_pik
My first touch whit swos was in year 2000 i start whit swos 95/96, if i have to be honest then i was Fifa player ;) young and foolish :D Firs think that i like in swos was the bulgarian league that was the firs game i ever see whit bulgarian league. My firs matches was total disappointment for me i can t socre even one gola and i almost delete the game but i this don t hapen i score one goal from penalty and the swos mania got me :) i find how to score goals and since the sommer of 2000 to today i play swos almost evry day.

More
18 years 1 week ago #7305 by Stromberg
I got a AMIGA 500 for birthday in 1992 when I got 11 years old. There were loads of disks with it and on one was Sensible Soccer, the very first version. I liked it from the beginning and a few days later I told some of my m8s on the bus about that new cool soccer game ive found. And he was like WTF??? You got Sensible Soccer??? , so he had read about the game but found no place to get it. Well he came straight with me to my home and we played the whole day... other m8s joined soon and so we had nice little leagues with up to 5 players. Great Sensi time! We played until the period when Sensible Soccer International came out.

Too bad I lost all of them on the way... but hey maybe Ill join one of those offline tournaments organized on ss.de although they are far away from my place.

More
18 years 1 week ago - 6 years 10 months ago #7352 by Playaveli
1992/3! On a friend s A500! School s out... off to Sensible Soccer!

;)

More
18 years 1 week ago #7368 by HairFU
In 1993 i bought my own Amiga 500, with the Amiga i got hundreds of illegal copied disk s with games. So in the next weeks i found some nice games that ich like very much. First cool game i have found was Bundesliga Manager and i play it a long time before i could look what was on the other disk s so after a few weeks i found this two disk witrh funny name Sensible Soccer. So i take the disk into the Amiga and wow it was very cool. Great Fan Sounds an great gameplay, that was the game i played the hole day and hole night. So i was so crazy about the game that i edit the 1st Leagues of Germany, England and Italy into the orgininal update of 1994 (it was Sesible Soccer Version 1.0). Then i play first 34 Matches in German League, then English and then Italian league. At this days i wasn t so good that i won all matches against Computer, so it takes 3 Years before i could win my first UEFA Cup title *hehe* so it was crazy in the following years i was very good in this competition won round by round but then i was in final six or seven time and then i don t win. Sometime i win 5 - 0 in first leg but then the computer win 8 - 0 in 2nd leg, it was fantastic evry game was a new one nothing was like the other one.
Then in 1996 a friend had buy SWOS 95/ 96 from this date i totaly chgange and only play this version on my Amiga, so it was fantastic and completely new to make own Tournaments with numbers of teams that i like and crazy group modi.

More
18 years 1 week ago #7390 by Craizinho
I think it was in 1993! Like the first Time we played Bundesliga Manager Professional! We ve spend there so much time! My Mom got always a little bit angry :-\ !

More
18 years 1 week ago #7397 by swoozh
I think it also was in 1993, I played with a friend at his home. We always played soccer games on the PC, so also Sensible Soccer. But that wasn t the moment I got really addicted to it. That was later, in 1995 I think, with the release of SWOS 95/96. I loved the management option and I played hours after hours. I remember that I played it sometimes the whole night and that was awesome for a 10-year old kid :D

After a few years it was over with the fun and I didn t played it for a while. Then Mark started talking about SWOS and I started playing again with him and some friends on the PC, I think that was 3 years ago or something.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds