Your first touch with Sensible Soccer?

More
16 years 6 months ago #26567 by torpedo
all this swos-travelling is part of my penance for it! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #26579 by lobo
Glad to know there is a glinter of hope for you after all ;D

More
16 years 5 months ago #28754 by Verhoeven
I played it since the first day on my Amiga 600. Definitely my one and only favourite Amiga game :) I liked the original, and 1.1, and with SWOS it became just perfect!

In `96. I sold the Amiga and never wanted to learn to play it on PC keyboard. I actually hated the PC conversion cause I considered it too blocky, fast, and without my Competition Pro not worthy even trying :(

then few years ago friends made me play with them on some custom made pad, made of an old keyboard, and it still was a beautiful game. Nowadays I might get one of those USB competition pro`s over ebay and start playing it more. I`m pretty crappy right now after all those years :)

• Harper82
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #42489 by Harper82
Replied by Harper82 on topic Re: Your first touch with Sensible Soccer?
I first got a copy of Sensible Soccer v1.1 for my Acorn Archimedes in 1994, after spotting a review of it in an Acorn magazine and bugging my parents to buy it for me for my birthday. I remember my first game was England v Romania because they had just played each other in a friendly. I (playing as England) lost 4-0. It took me quite a few games to score my first goal, because it was completely different to the other football game I owned at the time - World Cup Italia 90 on the Sega Master System. But when I finally scored - IIRC it was a curling Roberto Donadoni shot for Italy against Bulgaria - I showed the replay to all of my family and celebrated like I d just won the World Cup!

It took a long time but eventually I mastered the game. Even then, the team I always struggled to beat was VFB Stuttgart - Fritz Walter was a goal machine! He never failed to score against me. Well, and France in international mode, who always scored tap-ins from rebounds :(
Thinking about playing on that game with my Python joystick still brings back lots of happy memories...

More
10 years 7 months ago #119549 by Playaveli

More
10 years 7 months ago #119560 by St.Vitus
End of 2008 - Mega Drive Emu on my GP2X (de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X) on Malaga Airport while waiting for my flight playing Sensible Soccer for the first time. (Just copied a bunch of soccer games to my SD Card from my rom collection before going on vacation.) 8)

Looked for other versions - found this site - and so on... ;)

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #119573 by Waddle75
Nice thread!
It is a bit of a romantic story and also the reason for my nickname.
Back in the first half of the 80s, I used to watch English football with my dad.
Chris waddle was playing for Newcastle and then for Tottenham and my father thought the world of him.
He would say Waddle hadn t 2 feet but a magic right foot and a left foot-shaped magic box.
In late 1993 (8 years later, more or less), one cold day a friend rang me and said: Come around now, you ve got to see the new Amiga soccer game I m playing!
We met, he showed me THE GAME, set up a match and Gave me Olympique Marseille in an attempt to re-create the Champions League final the French team had lost to Red Star Belgrade on pk.
I had never played Sensible Soccer before, yet the final score read: Red Star Belgrade 0 - 2 Olympique Marseille.

The scorers?
Waddle x2 ;D

More
10 years 7 months ago #119592 by Blazej_Bdg
lol, most of you started as i wasn t born yet :D My first touch was in 2000/2001 probably, and playing regularly since then :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #119595 by Playaveli

My first touch was in 2000/2001 probably...

And how?
Which version?

More
10 years 7 months ago #119598 by Blazej_Bdg
My brothers (10 and 12 years older than me) were playing on PC, but it wasn t classic PC version. Don t really know what was that, but there were some goals that you can t score online now. But physically resembled more amiga than pc

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds