Re: Which IRC client do you use for #sensible .. and why?

More
15 years 2 months ago #60441 by Redhair
mIRC, Dana, Miranda IM or Webclient with Java or maybe CGI:IRC?
Would be interesting to know, also if there are problems with special clients? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #60454 by djowGer
I have tried all of the clients that you mention, but i have been using mIRC for so long now so ill stick too it. Maybe it is a bit more advanced, than the others. I ve had several scripts for it also. Now i just use mIRC normally, and because im use to it. :)

More
15 years 2 months ago #60459 by daimaou
mIRC too, actually sysreset fserve script.
Been using it for years and it s the best IRC client I ve found so far, lots of scripts available (some useful, others not really) and moved to sysreset some years ago when I was into fserves, but I don t need them anylonger so plain mIRC would still be fine. Besides everything else it s the one with the best and more intuitive GUI imo.
I also like Miranda and it s ability to deal with several messengers at once, but as a IRC standalone client I prefer mIRC. And I don t like it s GUI as well, looks very confusing and I took a while to get used to it.

More
15 years 2 months ago #60464 by Playaveli
Miranda (since I use a lot of other chat clients too).

More
15 years 2 months ago #60467 by xflea
Miranda IM

In fact I m not very familiar with IRC clients, as I was not using IRC at all until here in SWOS community. At first I was using dana (looked simplier of the two available in the download section ^^). I could live with it, but then (following Playaveli s suggestion) I switched to Miranda, as dana was lacking the auto-login option. Now as I configured Miranda to work with some other communicators (like Gadu-Gadu) I find it very handy.

One problem with Miranda - maybe because I m doing something wrong...: I can t find history of IRC conversations... maybe that s because IRC users are not permanent contacts on Miranda list... in dana there were logs for every conversation - even the whole channel history

More
15 years 2 months ago #60470 by Playaveli

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #60481 by Wänä81
The first client i used was Dana, because it is on the site downloadable and for the beginning it was great . Easy to use , but thats all.

It was not possible to click on links directly, you must copy the links and past it into the browser (perhaps im to stupid to do it directly ;) )

After a half year , maybe more or less 2 month, Pallister showed me Trillian. OMFG, i thought ! Its so complicate to install and so many things you can calibrate! But after a while and when i get used to it i love them. And i use Trillian from that time on .

I tried mIRC also, but it looks like from the 70´s . I never tried Miranda or other clients . Sometimes i use the CGI|IRC from foreign PC to see who is online, but not to chat .

More
15 years 1 month ago #60620 by Kanu
I tried quite all of mentioned clients, and I found that Chatzilla is the best of them. Easy to configure and very handy to use.

It s an awesome client

More
15 years 1 month ago #61048 by lestat

I tried quite all of mentioned clients, and I found that Chatzilla is the best of them. Easy to configure and very handy to use.

It s an awesome client

confirm ;)

More
15 years 1 month ago #61055 by LIK
Good old mIRC, i got used to it

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds