Re: A demo video!

More
16 years 3 months ago #33958 by Redhair
A demo video! was created by Redhair
Yesterday I ve recorded XBLA SWOS with my PC, maybe a good demo for all who are not able to have a closer look yet. First I ve played an offline friendly single player with Brazil against Ecuador ...well, it s not my best game ;), anyway you will see the gameplay is very good and by far better than online, even headers and tacklings work ;). Then I ve tried to play online, but you will see that it wasn t possible, either ranked nor friendly. So I had a look on ranking lists and then I ve played a career match where I ve switched from modern to classic graphic mode and back, so you can see, it s 100% compatible, but the new graphics are much cooler for widescreens, unfortunately I don t have such a screen ;) I have tried to play an online match, but still no luck. At the end of the video you will see the SWOS theme and the gamer pics in action. The video is about 30 mins. Hope you enjoy. I will start to write a review (with or without patch) for ss.de very soon, inclusive my opinion, ratings and comparison to Amiga SWOS online.

www.sensiblesoccer.de/media/wide.php?vid=capture/xbla
Note: this video shows the german version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Domin Gabryel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #33980 by Domin Gabryel
Replied by Domin Gabryel on topic Re: A demo video!
So cool... Gameplay looks exactly like on Amiga.

But there is one thing i dont like - where is original music from menu, that old melody was much better :)

More
16 years 3 months ago #33983 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: A demo video!
30 mins? the video stops where you see the two teams just before the game starts... at least thats what i see..

but nice of you to post it.. :)

More
16 years 3 months ago #34006 by Redhair
Replied by Redhair on topic Re: A demo video!

So cool... Gameplay looks exactly like on Amiga.

But there is one thing i dont like - where is original music from menu, that old melody was much better :)

You are able to switch to the old music any time, if you like.

30 mins? the video stops where you see the two teams just before the game starts... at least thats what i see..

but nice of you to post it.. :)

Here is a mirror (converted to WMV): swos.info/media/xbla.html

Or just download directly from swos.info/media/vid/capture/xbla.wmv

• SKID
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago #34076 by SKID
Replied by SKID on topic Re: A demo video!
My FLV-video (grabbed from browser cache) from 1st link is 23min 31sec and it stops after 2nd match. Is it whole video?

More
16 years 3 months ago #34085 by Redhair

My FLV-video (grabbed from browser cache) from 1st link is 23min 31sec and it stops after 2nd match. Is it whole video?

No, it is 30 mins. Try the WMV instead.

More
16 years 3 months ago #34196 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: A demo video!
Finally had a bit of spare time to watch the video (at work of course ;D), nice job thanks for posting this.
I wanted to watch something like this. The game seems pretty good, but is it me or ball control is more difficult? I mean with Brazil some of your players seem to loose the ball control very easily.
The online mode is totally crap though, I can t believe that after all these delays codemasters could release something with all those bugs. Even if offline it is the best swos ever this would never do it for me due to the lack of a good online mode. I still have doubts if we will see a Vista release, but lets hope they fix this by then if it happens.

For me Amiga SWOS online owns XBLA version :)

Looking forward to read that review.

More
16 years 3 months ago #34411 by Redhair

Finally had a bit of spare time to watch the video (at work of course ;D), nice job thanks for posting this.
I wanted to watch something like this. The game seems pretty good, but is it me or ball control is more difficult? I mean with Brazil some of your players seem to loose the ball control very easily.

Hehe, thanks for your feedback! Ehm no, quite the opposite, the control is easier than on Amiga, it is just like on PC, but with the physics of Amiga!

The online mode is totally crap though, I can t believe that after all these delays codemasters could release something with all those bugs. Even if offline it is the best swos ever this would never do it for me due to the lack of a good online mode. I still have doubts if we will see a Vista release, but lets hope they fix this by then if it happens.

The online mode is really crap and I am still pretty sure they will fix it, if they want or not, at least I will fight for it, no one should say that no one moaned about it ;)

More
16 years 4 weeks ago #38317 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: A demo video!
Youtube versions:

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/dvIfs_dRJvA[/flash]

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/8hAlaQ98uOg[/flash]

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/O-Y2JBEcyck[/flash]

[flash=400,325]www.youtube.com/v/AqqL1zQL-Xk[/flash]

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds