Rebuilding 97-98 update

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145194 by Kanchelskis
Hey guys,
I played some matches with the original 96-97 updated and the original graphic sets and that feeling is unbeatable. Swos plays better with its own features and database, it's funnier. 
So i did some comparisons with actual databases and I've figured the creators were a lot drastic with statistics depending on the roles.

At the same time I've found something so funny: in the 97-98 dlc update my name is listed between the creators for some updates I did  something like 20 years ago and I didn't even remember that 
Unfortunately at the time updates were very unprecise and the game is so unbalanced because people put values based on the transfer fees and not using SWOS parameters. Some values are ridicously over exagerated (Luis Enrique is 1.8 in 96-97 while in the update 6mln (!!))
Also there are a lot of mistakes (98-99 players featuring in some teams, wrong kits and messed lineups). 

So I am remastering the whole database using 96-97 SWOS stats adjusting them with proper football stats (helping myself also with a videogame called PCFutbol for "new" players for ratings), decreasing a bit if the player has flopped or increasing youngsters who would had become superstars.
Memorable moment: Fiorentina-Man Utd, cpu Beckham scores from free kick from the distance.
I fully finished italian leagues, premier league and some spanish teams, the game is awesome. 97-98 has been a fantastic year with very strange teams filled of champions but also average players and it's a lot of fun.
The plan is to correct anything with also France 98 teams. 

WIP PROGRESS as 11th july 2021
Italian Serie A: 100%
Italian Serie B: 100%
Italian no league: 0%
English PL: 100%
English 1st: 0%
English 2nd: 0%
English 3rd: 0%

Spanish Primera: 100%
Spanish Segunda: 100%
Spanish no league: 100%
French 1st div 100%
French 2nd div 100%
French no league 0%
German 1.Bundesliga: 100%
German 2.Bundesliga: 100%
German no league: 100%
Portugal Primeira Liga: 22%

At work finished, I'll try to boost some stats for teams not that good on the ratings but that did very well in the season (i.e. Athletic finished runner-up but the team is not that strong, same Real Sociedad or Udinese).

Some screens.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Kanchelskis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #145195 by Gorzo
Replied by Gorzo on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update
Good job :D

I'm currently working on the base 08-09 :)
then I plan to recheck version 96-97. Unfortunately, the mass of the weaker leagues there are based on versions 93-94 or 94-95. Version 97-98 is similar. The only thing left to do is remove duplicate players. When I correct weaker leagues, you will be able to use the file for your version :D

More
2 years 9 months ago #145196 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update
Yeah I noticed that minor leagues are often not updated even in the original SWOS.. some work to do!

More
2 years 9 months ago #145198 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update
Nice work, Kanchelskis! If you have anything ready for release, contact me on Discord and we can release it thru DLC.

More
2 years 9 months ago #145199 by Kanchelskis
@playaveli will take some time, but I'll send you the whole package when is ready

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #145200 by Kanchelskis
OK, here is an example of what's going on.
This is Espanyol (the spanish teamset is a nightmare!) before and after the cure.
I've put regular players based on their caps and outcome on the pitch..
In Deportivo there was no Mauro Silva but some youngsters rated 6mln who did enter the pitch just once..

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Reference from this wonderful site:
www.bdfutbol.com/en/t/t1997-9814.html
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Kanchelskis.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145209 by Gorzo
Replied by Gorzo on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update
see what mistakes are in France :D
Shevchenko und Rebrov on Dynamo Kyiv fabulous ❤
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Gorzo.

More
2 years 8 months ago #145211 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update
Great work there!

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145212 by Kanchelskis

see what mistakes are in France :D
Shevchenko und Rebrov on Dynamo Kyiv fabulous ❤

I didn't even open France as I am terrified aahah

The spanish teamset it's a total mess, most of all in Segunda Division there are teams from 95/96 and 96/97 while other missing, half of them are totally overrated and stronger than teams playing in La Liga. Extremadura was stronger than Betis.
Interesting founds: in Leganés I had to add a 16 years old interesting player called Samuel Eto'o, maybe you have heard about him :P It will be interesting trying him in career mode.

There are a lot of interesting teams around: Dynamo Kyiv, Panathinaikos, Fiorentina, RC Lens.

I'll put the progress of the wip in the first post.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145219 by Kanchelskis
France wasn't that bad after all (at least not the disaster was Spain!)
Ok by now I've finished Italy, Spain (now finally we have Elche or Jaen that were missing while Barcelona B is in no-league) and Premier League, working on France and things are going very well.

Btw, here is a touch of realism! AS Monaco had a very interesting team that year, having two youngsters who would had become two crackers in the years: Trezeguet and Henry.
With the stats I used, despite Ikpeba is ready to play maybe better initially, if you choose Trezeguet and Henry in career mode they will see fast their stats increase dramatically and they become strong like happened in 1997-98 season.
Two screens :)

Monaco starting the career:

Monaco after an year of career:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds