Rebuilding 97-98 update

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145222 by Kanchelskis
Replied by Kanchelskis on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update
Here is stuff for who's looking for a bit of challenge!!
For the non-league teams I've removed B teams as they cannot compete in Copa del Rey and put 3 teams that went further in the season: Lorca, Novelda and Figueres. Other slots for Malaga and Recreativo (promoted in that year) and Cadiz.

The spanish teamset is almost ready with ratings matching season results and original SWOS stats. Ps: despite the screenshot I've lost at the end.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Kanchelskis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145224 by Gorzo
Replied by Gorzo on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update

For the non-league teams I've removed B teams as they cannot compete in Copa del Rey and put 3 teams that went further in the season: Lorca, Novelda and Figueres. Other slots for Malaga and Recreativo (promoted in that year) and Cadiz.

The spanish teamset is almost ready with ratings matching season results and original SWOS stats. Ps: despite the screenshot I've lost at the end.

The photo shows Etxebarria, it should be Etxeberria :)
btw, keep it up :D
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Gorzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanchelskis

More
2 years 8 months ago #145225 by Kanchelskis

The photo shows Etxebarria, it should be Etxeberria :)
btw, keep it up :D

You are right, thank you!
It's an error of the SWOS original database, where he's listed as Jose Extebarria (basque players are often mispelled or in castellano):
16 JOSE ETXEBARRIA T ATXABERRUE A ESP 650K 1 5 6 2 2 1 5 ATHLETIC BILBAO SPAIN

Corrected!

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145281 by Kanchelskis

Great work there!

German teamset almost complete, just working on non league teams.
Another big challenge.
Maybe @playaveli remembers it, but in 97-98 a third tier team, Eintracht Trier, reached the semifinals of DFB Pokal beating also Borussia Dortmund.
Well, if you are lucky enough to have them in the available teams, you can try to emulate their run... or do better, winning the cup!

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Kanchelskis.

More
2 years 8 months ago #145287 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update
Of course I remember Trier... they beat Dortmund (CL winners at the time) in an early Cup stage! LOL!

More
2 years 8 months ago #145305 by Kanchelskis
Ok Germany is complete, I removed Dynamo Dresden and other teams and inserted Alemannia Aachen, Eintracht Trier and Ulm. Completely redone Hannover, Waldhof and Saarbrucken.
Started with Portugal.

Here is the situation I've found so far: the italian teams were very randomic with some teams updated with winter transfers, others with summer ones, player values based on newspaper rumours rather than swos stats; Spain was a total mess, with players with 2 or 3 appearence taking the place of actual players, stats completely messed up and based on rumours, fantasy or dunno what, also 2nd division teams were slightly updated to 97-98 but included relegated teams and not the actual ones; France not that bad but with some overrated players; England still not finished, but overrated players everywhere; Germany another big mess, no league teams stronger than Bundesliga ones, often teams had minor players rather than the actual ones and sometimes not properly update, also bench numbers used for the starting lineup; Portugal by now has SWOS stats but teams are not updated to 97-98, basically are 96-97.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #145476 by Kanchelskis
Hey guys how you doing?
I am stopped now as I have become father in the meanwhile :lol: but when I need a bit of relax I still manage to edit some teamsets.
By now this is the situation and my plans:
ENGLAND: Premier and 1st div. complete with updated rosters and correct stats, 2nd and 3rd not planned (teams are so average if not crap that it's worthless to adjust the stats, in the other hand the lineups are correct so I'm fine with it)
GERMANY: 100% done (1st, 2nd and no league)
FRANCE: 99,9% done (1st, 2nd. I don't know if I'll complete the no league)
SPAIN: 100% done (1st, 2nd and no league)
ITALY: 99% done (Serie A and B complete, surely I will do no league teams too)
PORTUGAL: 100% done (Primeira Liga and no league)
ARGENTINA: 100% done (all Primera Division correct - it was a total mess -, 2nd division removed clones and added first names)
AUSTRIA: 100% done
RUSSIA: 100% done (terrible stats)
GREECE: 100% done (corrected and fully updated the best 7 teams, the others added first names and corrected some surnames and nationalities)
SCOTLAND: 100% done (just done SPL teams, the others had proper stats and it was not worth to spend time on them)
HOLLAND: 100% done (same as Scotland)
BELGIUM: 100% done (same as above)

Working on: BRAZIL. 75% done. Now, Brazil is crazy. Because I am updating teams as for march 1998, when there 1997 Brasileirao was over and 1998 would have started only in july. You will find then Edmundo in Fiorentina but Denilson in Sao Paulo even if he played 7 matches for the club that year, but that's it. I suggest to play with him as he is strong, but buying him in a career will end with a quick depreciation (as it happened in real life). The teamset 1997-98 was terrible (team spanning from different seasons with totally overrated and overpriced players) while the SWOS one was inaccurate, having teams from 95, other from 96 and an incredibly overrated Sao Paulo.

Planned wips:
SWITZERLAND
SWEDEN
DENMARK
NORWAY
UKRAINE
CZECH REPUBLIC
TURKEY
SLOVAKIA
UNITED STATES
POLAND

NATIONAL TEAMS with players with the same stats of the clubs (in Swos they are different)
CUSTOM TEAMS with selections of the era

I don't know about the other nations as it's extremely hard to retrieve lineups and rosters from the period, while some of the team sets seem already good (i.e. Yugoslavia).

When it's all ready I will send a 1.0 version to @playaveli
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Kanchelskis.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145527 by Kanchelskis
The at the time new born old fashioned MLS, filled with old glories, colourful kits and folded fancy teams.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Kanchelskis.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145528 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Rebuilding 97-98 update
Great work. I can't wait to play this database once you're done with it.

More
1 year 9 months ago #146034 by Kanchelskis
Hey @playaveli I've finished the teamset.
Where should I send it? Do you need some graphics for SWOS 2020 Launcher, infos or whatever else?
Let me know.

Time to create page: 1.648 seconds