Re: How can you play online with your own keys?

More
15 years 1 month ago #60285 by ro32x
i m having great difficulties playing link up swos with my own keys (via kaillera)

i m using winuae 0.8.22 which comes with kaillera 0.9 built in
i can play single player ok but have problems when connecting to a friend via kaillera (either p2p or sever)
we both want to play with our own keys therefore both choose [configuration #1] in the [input] tab, then set our keys to [joy2 up] [joy2 down] etc
we then make the connection via kaillera, no probs so far and both of us can control the cursor ok
then for example, i choose a friendly, then select the two teams (as player\coach) for the match and click [play friendly]
the first team starting 11 is displayed and at this stage both players can still move the cursor, but as soon as one player clicks on [play\coach match] then the other players cursor becomes disabled therefore they cannot click [play\coach match] for their team

i know if you play using [compatibility mode] you set [amiga joy port 1] for the host machine and the joiner uses [amiga joy port 0], and if you lose your control after team selection you can bring back the [game and io ports] tab using f12 and click the [swap] button, then the cursor moves again for you, but when you choose [configuration #1] the [amiga joy port 1] and [amiga joy port 0] options become disabled therefore there is no [swap] button, how do you get around this?

i hate the keyboard layouts, but if you do use them does the hoster only need to set [amiga joy port 1] to what he wants?
does what you set in [amiga joy port 0] have a bearing on your opponents controls or does he set [amiga joy port 0] himself
or is [amiga joy port 0] for you when you need to click the [swap] button

i ve also tried to change some controls to [joy1 up] etc but this never works, i ve also tried to use an external keyboard-to-virtual joystick emulator program called [ppjoy] but still no joy, it works until the other player selects his team then you lose the controls like with using [configuration #1]

any help would be greatly appreciated, and please explain in detail how the [configuration #1] keys need to be edited to allow redefinded keys to be used online

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 8 years 3 months ago #60286 by Playaveli

Only if there is no other option, and you don t want to use the compatible mode,
you can choose Configuration #X
(If you ve got a Notebook-keyboard or when you just want to have
other key-settings, you can change them.)

* Run Amiga SWOS
* Choose tab Input
* Mode: Configuration #X
Now,
= the INPUT SOURCE is the key on your keyboard,
= the INPUT TARGET is the Amiga-key, the key that indicates
the action.

Input target keys Joy2 Up/Down/Left/Right/Fire must be
filled in.

So, when you want to play with I-K-J-L-A/Q,
the settings are like this:
Input Source Input Target
I Joy2 Up
K Joy2 Down
J Joy2 Left
L Joy2 Right
A / Q Joy2 Fire/Mouse1 Left Button

(If it still doesn t work, try to disable cursor up/down/left/right ( none in the input target line)
and also try JOY1 instead of JOY2.)

More
15 years 1 month ago #60292 by ro32x
thanks for the reply, here is what i did

chose Configuration #1

Input Source Input Target
F Joy2 Up
C Joy2 Down
Z Joy2 Left
X Joy2 Right
F Joy2 Fire/Mouse1 Left Button

if the other player uses compatibility mode, then all works fine, he chooses his team. then i can still do mine
however if he changes his mid game to Configuration #1 then he starts controlling my players

if my opponent uses Configuration #1 from the start, then when he chooses his team, i then cant choose mine

can both players use Configuration #1 at the same time?

More
15 years 1 month ago #60293 by Playaveli
if this happens, that one cannot move in team selection, just press F12 and go to Game I/O Ports.
There you press once on SWAP button in the middle. Then press OK again and it should work fine.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 8 years 3 months ago #60294 by daimaou
This won t work if you need to swap which is the case here, better get a key remapper software and map cursor keys and right control to the keys you want to use then simply use compatibility mode. You can try this one a href= www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?ac...c=8980.0;attach=4133 HERE /a .
Swap only works fine under compatibility mode.

More
15 years 1 month ago #60316 by ro32x
many many many thanks daimaou, you saved my life :) keyboard remapper worked a treat, although mapping the right-control to [g] didn t wotk for some reason, so i ran the program called [LControlRControl.exe] which adds the left control as another shoot button, then mapped left-control to [g] et voila

and for anyone else who wants to try this method, this is how i did it:

These are the keys i mapped
F=UP C=DOWN Z=LEFT X=RIGHT G=FIRE

- start swos and choose [compatibility mode] choosing [keyboard layout b] for [amiga joy port 1] and anything else in [amiga joy port 0]
- once loaded you should be able to move and select options with the arrow keys and right-control
- download and run skorski.net/~oles/swos/LControlRControl.exe so you can use left-control too
- download and run keyboard remapper supplied by daimaou in last post
- click [add new key combination] then then hit the [f] key, then [next]
- Then tick [change key to] and from the dropdown list choose [up code38]
- Also set [c] to [Down code 40], [z] to
, [x] to
, and [g] to [LeftControl code 162]
- Now make sure [appliation enabled] is seleted and minimise it to the systray
- Now go back to sensible soccer and you should be able to control it with F,C,Z,X,G
- If your opponent chooses their team and you lose your control, simply hit f12 goto the [game and io ports] tab and click the [swap] button, and [ok]
- Now your remapped keys should work again

More
15 years 1 month ago #60321 by daimaou
You re welcome, glad it helped.
If you don t want to use the RControl switcher you can also set keyboard layout a and map numpad keys instead (4,8,6,2 and 0).

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds