Display settings for Amiga SWOS on laptop

• chrisd
  • chrisd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #75824 by chrisd
I m trying to play SWOS on a full screen on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15), but having problems.

There s so many combinations on the display settings options and i m taking forever to go through them all.

On the control panel on my laptop, the display resolution is set at the highest (1366 x 768 pixels), but when i try to do this on the SWOS settings i get an error message. With some settings i can only view a smal section of the game screen, while on other settings the game (the pitch etc) is in a small section, surronded by a black border.

There are also settings such as centering, line mode, correct aspect ration, full screen RTG and to be honest i don t know what most of these mean.

Can anyone shed any light on the best settings to get SWOS working in full screen mode so i can see the whole pitch etc?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75833 by lobo

Well. Here they are... Someone told me long time ago. I can t remember who it was :(

After doing this maximize the window and it s done :)

U can save this settings by doing this (if u don t know it) :

Go on your Amiga SWOS folder and click Configurations. There is a Kaillera-file. Right click and settings (or attributes? Properties?)
Then dismark the first hook. And from now on your settings are saved.

Greetz

Try those.

• chrisd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #75891 by chrisd
Thanks Pallister

I usde those settings and they worked with only a small black border of th eright and left. I changed from correct aspect ratio to full screen and it s now pretty much a full screen with only a very small border. I think that s as good as i ll get it.

But i m unable to save these settings as you said. In the confirgerations folder is there is only Original.UAE file.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75894 by daimaou
That s the correct file. Uncheck the read-only checkbox on properties and you re done ;)

• chrisd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #75903 by chrisd
Ok thanks guys i have it saved and it seems to store my settings when i quite the game and go back in. It s not quite the full screen but it seems like the correct settings. If i select full screen the pitch is stetched and doesn t look quire right.

Thanks guys :)

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds