How to edit players in Amiga SWOS???

• chrisd
  • chrisd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #77016 by chrisd
How to edit players in Amiga SWOS??? was created by chrisd
Hi

I m trying to edit the names and positions etc of some players in a team before i start a career, but can t figure out how to do it.

I ve looked through all the other posts, but i m still confused.

I ve dowloaded SWOS editor 1.3 sensiblesoccer.awardspace.com/files/swoes/SwoEditorSv1.3.7z
and also an ADF viewer, but i m still not sure how to load the team onto the editor, make changes and then put the updated team back into the data files.

Can anyone advise me of all the steps involved in very simple terms and advise if i need to download any other programs?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #78502 by Synchronated
1. Get a HDF version of SWOS because there isn t enough virtual space on an ADF to edit, repack and replace all the files and get it to actually work fully
2. Extract the whole data folder from the HDF, using either adfview or adfopus
3. Unpack them using propack
4. Edit the team.xxx files using SWOS Editor 1.3 as you see fit
5. Run fix foreign market on the modified data folder in Pablo Fridlender s PC SWOS Editor, otherwise the changes won t work properly, specifically in career mode. This will make changes to the files in the data folder that are not team.xxx files
6. Pack the files again using propack
7. Overwrite the HDF s Data folder with the one you just made
8. Play

I think everything you need (apart from an HDF of the original SWOS, which can be found here as part of Amiga SWOS Online) is on my site. Good luck and email me if you need more info! That is if I didn t already help out by email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds