Career Achievements

More
17 years 8 months ago #11243 by RobinFriday
Replied by RobinFriday on topic Re: Career Achievements
Managed to beat bolivia 4-2 on penaltys 2-2 no extra time!

In the final i got argentina and you can guess what happened lol well i didnt do too badly gave away 2 penaltys and argentina scored a rifle shot. They were kind enough and scored an own goal for me though making the final score 3-1 maybe next time the dream lives on!!!!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago - 17 years 8 months ago #11244 by RobinFriday
World cup 3!!!!

0 china vs chile 5  (zamorano white wash)

2 spain vs chile 2
Hard fought game spain went 1 up on 40 then disaster struck they scored on 72! it looked grim but zamorano smashed one back in at 75 and then just on full time he tucked one in the bottom left after a constant last ditch attempt to equalise!!

2 switzerland vs chile 2
Another hard fought game went 1 nill up through zamorano in the 7th chapusait equalised with a long range effort before half time then to my despair he walloped another one in on the stroke of half time!! The rest of the match saw me bombarding their goal with shot after shot that the keeper saved or they defended it was very frustrating!!! i eventually cracked their defence with a zamorano run and he chipped the ball over a diving keeper! first time i ever scored like that!

2nd round
After finishing second in the group i thought i was lucky because spain played bulgaria my nemesis lol but things wernt all that rosey in the end as i ended up with brazil!!!!!
2 brazil vs chile 3

I didnt start well in this game at all! tulio went on a run in the 5th minute wallop! goal!!! shell shocked i tried to score an equaliser they caught me on the break tulio ran through the defence like they wernt there and whack 8th minute goal! i took a 2 min breather and came out fighting shot after shot from zamorano was defended or saved tulio had a 3 more shots 2 just whizzed past the post and 1 was saved well by the keeper. On the 20th minute zamorano was clear through on goal and was cut down for a penalty which rivera converted. Brazil rifled shot after shot on the goal which i defended with smoke coming off my control pad!! I got a lucky break and zamorano again clean through on goal was cut down just before half time! again rivera put it away!!
2-2 half time!
2nd half i raised my game beyond believe brazil had 2 shots on goal as i ran amock firing anything i could at the brazilians i didnt let them have a sniff of the ball! again shot after shot after shot was saved or defended then in the 88th minute a beautiful ball was played through to zamorano who this time was away from his marker and tucked the ball in the top right corner with class! Another game that goes down as one of the best i ever played in!!!

Quarter final
1 spain vs chile 2
tight and defensive game with a few chances in the first half zamorano hit the mark on the 44th with a tap in. Second half was pretty much the same , slow game with little chances until zamorano capitalised on the break and rifled a shot into the top left. The game still played slow tight defending gonzalez made the most of a stupid goalkeeping error ( my fault the old save the shot throw the ball to the striker whos on the line :)) the game fizzled out but thankfully i got the win!

Semi final
0 germany vs chile 2
played out of my skin! defended well and thankfully all of bobic and klinnsmans efforts were wide of the mark! in the 11th minute zamorano tucked the ball under kopke. The goal was bombarded and defended but nothing else would go in before half time. Second half pretty much the same until zamorano went on a run and rounded the keeper who was on the edge of the box and clinically finished more good defending on both sides until the end.

Final
0 france vs chile 3

A complete walk over ! arguably china played better than the french team put out here!!  they had 7 shots on goal 4 were on target and  were simple catches. 2 zamorano strikes in the first half put the french to the sword and a second half effort from rivera put the final nail in the coffin. Even at 1 nill up i never had any fear of losing the match. Poor final only wish the brazil game was the final!!!!!

Man of the tournament: Ivan Zamorano top scorer with 15 goals

Next stop the republic of ireland job!!!

More
17 years 8 months ago #11245 by RobinFriday
continued

More
17 years 8 months ago #11252 by wonderboy
Replied by wonderboy on topic Re: Career Achievements
Well done mate - is this still the same career as South Africa!? I ve never won the World Cup with two different nations in the same career - or managed three countries in the same career.

If you manage Ireland, make sure you get Gary Kelly in the team - class.

More
17 years 8 months ago #11279 by RobinFriday
Hey mate, yes its all in the same career from memory i was only 2 international teams in my previous careers years ago but for some reason im in my 3rd job!! i started out at the kaizer chiefs then i got the south africa job followed by chile for 3 seasons now i have ireland i think im in about the 11th or 12th season! I have employed the services of Gary Kelly thanks mate!

More
17 years 8 months ago #11298 by RobinFriday
Ireland European championship

Group
3 Romania vs Ireland 1 Romania hammered me! Radicou whacked a hat trick past me quinn got a consolation.
2 Denmark vs Ireland 3 Started off badly Denmark went 1 up through laudrup. I equalised on the 42nd. Second half laudrup scored again fought back through aldridge who struck a low shot in the right hand bottom corner the game went defensive and in the 80th minute Quinn pinched it for me! good match!
0 Scotland vs Ireland 0 despite the score line this was a great game Scotland missed the target several times i pounded the scottish goal but andy goram just saved everything i threw at him!!!! I cant ever remember him being that good in swos!!

Quarter final
Qualified in second place behind Romania
0 Spain vs Ireland 1
Hard fought game with great defending on both sides. Spain missed the target several times and again like goram zubizertta saved everything that i threw at him! Aldrige was injured in the 78th minute and i stuck Gary Kelly up front! it paid off as he went on a run and ran the ball past the keeper and scored the winning goal!

Semi Final
2 Russia vs Irleand 3
Another hard fought game! The russians just wouldnt stop attacking with pace and skill!! I went 1 up then russia equalised 2 mins after! In the second half i again took the lead and 2 mins later the russians scored again! I managed to pinch it in the 85th with a headed corner :)

Final
2 Germany vs Ireland 4
A great final with Germany once again! Bobic hit the spot after 7 minutes. In the 23rd Quinn tucked the ball under kopke. Germany again took the lead and like the russians were relentless in their attack! Just before half time Quinn equalised again with a long range effort. The match was poised for a great second half! Ireland came out fighting and pounded the german defence with efforts left right and centre Quinn found his way throught twice slotting the ball in the left hand corner followed by another long range effort a great match!

Ireland European Champions

Players of the Tournament: Andy Goram, Igor Kolyvanov, Fredi Bobic and Niall Quinn

Top Scorer Niall Quinn(Thanks to his 4 goals in the final) 9 goals

More
17 years 8 months ago #11320 by RobinFriday
World cup!

Group stage
0 Italy vs Ireland 2 even game a header by quinn followed by a 90th minute round the keeper tap in by keane secured the win italy just couldnt score
0 Zambia vs Ireland 2 walkover game Zambia had about 3 shots on goal all easy catches i just couldnt score more!
2 Senegal vs Ireland 3 shock at first senegal scored in the first 5 minutes equaliser came in the 20th minute then Ireland scored 2 more senegal pulled 1 back in the dieing minutes but Ireland did enough for the win

2nd round
1 Northern Ireland vs Ireland 5 clash or the irelands here an easy walkover game even though dowie scored first for the north.

quarter final
replay of the euro final
0 Germany vs Ireland 3
Ireland went 1 nill up in the 4th minute by a rasping strike by aldridge germany had a few chances which were defended well aldridge struck again just before half time. In the second half ireland sat back and defended putting the final nail in the coffin with a strike from coyle.

semi final
0 Uruguay vs Ireland 5
Ireland came out all guns blazing and were 4 nill up by half time, Uruguay just didnt turn up for the game and only had about 4 shots on target. Aldridge claimed his hat trick in the 80th minute sending Ireland easily in to the final.

Final
1 Portugal vs Ireland 2 aet
Great final! Both sides came out all guns blazing portugal had screaming shots go left right and even hit the bar a great piece of defending by phil babb off the line from a rasp by pinto was one of the highlights of the game! Pinto struck in the 16th with a punishing strike from a defensive error outside the box. Same great play by both sides in the second half Pinto causing all kinds of problems for Irish defence but they managed with grit and determination to keep him at bay a long ball to aldridge got the Irish back in to the game with a 67th minute strike from just outside the box. More of the same until the end of normal time but noone could break the deadlock. Extra time shots came from both sides fast and furious you could flip a coin as to who would win it then in the 99th minute aldridge ran and did a nice 1-2 with coyle and slotted the ball in the corner! Great defending for the rest of the game from ireland prevented portugal from equalising and gave them the cup a fine game!!!

Ireland World Champions!!!

Player of the tournament: John Aldridge also top scorer with 9 goals

More
17 years 8 months ago #11356 by RobinFriday
My final season! they say im too old!!! lol
European championships!
Being kind to me in my last season they put me in the group of death lol
1 Bulgaria vs Ireland 2 stole the win in the dieing minutes
0 Portugal vs Ireland 0 A hard fought draw with both keepers playing like their lifes depended on it
0 England vs Ireland 0 More super human goalkeeping both sides had their fair share of efforts but good defending kept both sides at bay

Quarter final
1 Belgium vs Ireland 2 Belgium went 1 up with a rocket from nillis but ireland fought back and kept the belgians at bay and constantly attacked for the rest of the game stealing the win in the second half

Semi final
1 Romania vs Ireland 4 Romania went 1 up in the first minutes but ireland stepped on the gas and whacked 3 goals in before half time before the final nail was hammered in the 2nd half

Final
A final of all finals !!!
5 Germany vs Ireland 5 11-12 penaltys!!!

Germany were first off the mark and scored in the first 3 minutes then again in the 15th minute ireland pulled one back taking the sides in at half time with the scores poised at 2-1. Second half saw more German might and shot after shot rifled at the Irish goal another one went in with a fine bobic effort. The irish just couldnt get through the German defense which was sealed up tight a chance came and the score was made 3-2 then in the 87th minute Aldridge hit an unstoppable shot into the bottom left hand corner taking the match in to extra time. First blood came in the first half of extra time to the irish with a long range effort. Germany scored straight from the kick off with Klinnsman on an unstoppable run! 2nd half of extra time saw Bobic find the mark again and put the irish behind with 6 minutes remaining. All out attack by the irish and the ball was threaded through to Quinn who belted the ball at the keeper the ball hit the keeper on his thigh and slowly crept in making the scores 5-5 and taking the match to penaltys.
Penalty after penalty hit the back of the net effortlessly as if the keepers wernt there all designated takers scored their penaltys 5-5 , the none takers scored all their penaltys 10-10 which took us back round to the designated. Quinn hit the target, then Bobic it seemed like nothing would seperate these sides! Aldridge slotted the ball in making it 12-11. Then the hero of the match Klinnsman stepped up he rifled the ball to the right hand corner but the mighty Alan Kelly launched himself the ball hit him and bounced out! Probably the finest match i ever had the pleasure to play in. And a great one to end my career on!

Ireland european champions!!

Player of the tournament: Jurgen Klinnsman also top scorer with 8 goals

More
17 years 8 months ago #11357 by RobinFriday
Total career achievements

Club achievements 1996-2000
4 League titles with Kaizer Chiefs
3 League cups with Kaizer Chiefs
Most goals over all club seasons by a player: Matjaz Florjancic 102

International
South Africa 2000-2007
4 African nation cups
2 World cups
1 invitation tournament
Most goals by a player: Sean Dundee 151

Chile 2007-2010
1 World cup
Copa America Runner up
Most goals by a player: Ivan Zamorano 85

Republic of Ireland 2010-2016
2 European championships
1 World cup
Most goals by a player: Niall Quinn 97
Attachments:

More
17 years 7 months ago #12568 by Fake Shempz
Replied by Fake Shempz on topic Re: Career Achievements
I remember I went through an entire career from the 3rd (old 4th) Division in england, and only lost 1 game altogether...I think it was the 1st Leg of the League Cup Semi in my first season. The trick in the lower divisions to be able to win against top team (in the cup), is to get a couple of pacy wingers. Then once the game has started, move them from the wings to a forward position, and then I would generally subs the strikers that were now in the wing positions.

This way, the wingers will play as fast up front as they did on the wing. If you played them up front from the start, then they would be rubbish. If you don t have pace up front, you will never beat a Premiership team while you are in the 3rd Division.

Also....did anyone else ever have the problem of clocking your goals scored??? I remember George Weah...etc used to score so many goals in SWOS, that once it got to about 200 it would go back to ZERO, or something like that. I think I worked out that he socred over 400 goals for me one season.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds