Career Achievements

More
17 years 8 months ago #11195 by RobinFriday
I thought id create a place where we can put our offline career achievements. I took charge of the kaizer chiefs in africa and have been selected to manage south africa and ive just won the world cup! :) was really good fun and some hard fought matches!
Results
group stage
2 syria vs south africa 10
2 italy vs south africa 3 (really hard fought match!)
4 bulgaria vs south africa 3 (another hard fought match what is it with me and bulgaria i just cant win!!)

second round
1 yugoslavia vs south africa 3 aet (a hard fought tight game 1-1 at the end of normal time until the mighty sean dundee came to life and whacked 2 in!)

quarter final
arguably the the best ive ever played against either man or machine!
I faced the mighty portugal it was end to end action with nearly every shot going in!
3-3 after normal time
the goals continued during extra time leaving the final score as 5-5
the dreaded penaltys! being an englishman up against portugal in penaltys my arse naturally began twitching!
but thanks to great penaltys by the south african lads and a brick wall performance by the mighty botende eshele
I triumphed 4-3!
3 portugal vs south africa 4 penaltys (5-5 aet)

semi final
this saw me up against holland
another hard fought match with goals galore i went 2-0 down and fought back to level at 2-2 before half time in the second half holland scored i equalised and followed up with another screamer from dundee to make it 4-3 then disaster struck as i gave away a penalty which bergkamp slotted away then in the 88th minute the mighty speed merchant vincent goliath went on a run and slotted the ball under van der saar! bergkamp had a rifle shot that botende luckily saved then the whistle went after a well defended corner.

4 holland vs south africa 5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #11196 by RobinFriday
Replied by RobinFriday on topic Re: Career Achievements
The final

The final had me pitted against the mighty Germany! yet again the Germans show class and make another final!!

The match was a hard fought battle both sides had their chances dundee missed a sitter for south africa and kilnsmann struck wide twice with thunderous shots! in the 33rd minute klinsmann finally hit the mark 6 minutes later the dundee tucked the ball in the corner just out of kopkes reach.

The second half was another tense affair of dogged defending by both teams germany missing by a whisker on 2 occasions and bobic just heading over the bar. In the 74th minute the mighty sean dundee went on a run and blasted the ball in the top left corner leaving kopke no chance.

The rest of the game saw tight man for man marking by south africa stopping all the german chances before any danger could strike then in the 86th minute klinsmann went on a run skipping past 3 players but was chopped down just outside the box the free kick was taken but went just past the post.

1 Germany vs South Africa 2

South Africa World Champions!!!! :)

Top scorer and player of the tournament Sean Dundee with 22 goals to his credit!

More
17 years 8 months ago #11199 by Rijntje
Replied by Rijntje on topic Re: Career Achievements
Nice One Robin :D

More
17 years 8 months ago #11204 by RobinFriday
Thanks Rij! I loved every moment! I remember years back winning it with australia this was about 97! all i remember was i was lucky as hell and i got switzerland in the final! Im hoping now they sack me so i can play somewhere else for a bit of variety he he :) From memory i remember managing 2 different international teams during a career do you know if its more mate? ps who won the iceland cup! also i have an idea for the winner gets to urinate on sven cup!!! swedish teams but everyone has to play in 4-5-1 let me know what you think!!!

More
17 years 8 months ago #11206 by RobinFriday
Add this if you win the world cup! has anyone else noticed that winning the lesser cup with your international squad looks much better than the world!!!!????
Attachments:

More
17 years 8 months ago #11216 by RobinFriday
Ive added this one as i only conceded 3 goals the whole season! 2 in friendlys 1 in the cup!
Attachments:

More
17 years 8 months ago #11224 by RobinFriday
I played my second world cup with the mighty south africans!

The group stages saw
1 saudi arabia south africa 3
a 5 nill thrashing of spain!
and a close fought battle with denmark final score 2-1

Second round saw an easy tie against new zealand 3-0 the final result

Quarter final

A classic match between denmark again but this time it was fought tooth and nail!
denmark went 2 up with 2 laudrup efforts south africa fought back with the mighty dundee making it 2-1 just before half time denmark scored again making it 3-1 the second half saw south africa bombarding the danish goal and finally dundee tucked 1 away. In the 85th minute denmark gave away a needless penalty which makua tucked away with class.

Extra time was more end to end stuff denmark making the most and scoring from a corner. Late in to the second half saw a run by dundee who whacked the ball in the bottom left corner making it 4-4 and taking the match to penaltys. Once again great heroics by the mighty botende saw 3 of denmarks shots saved with ease as the south african boys found the spot each time!

4-4 aet 4-1 south africa on penaltys

semi final

Saw england up against the african boys
on paper this looked a daunting prospect but the africans came out all guns blazing!
dundee scored after 13 minutes then after 20 a penalty was given away sending the african boys 2 up
hinchcliffe for england got 1 back but then 3 minutes later masinga found the target making it 3-1 just before half time dundee found the spot again making it 4-1. On the 59th minute dundee got his hat trick making it 5-1 hinchcliffe scored on the 74th but england never looked like coming back a great result!

Final
The prospect here was to play either italy or switzerland somehow the swiss beat them!
africa took the lead with a penalty in the 10th minute followed by a quick equaliser from chapuisat the game was then dead locked until the 41st and 45th minute when dundee whacked in headed corner and an easy sitter. sending the teams in 3-1 at half time in the second half dundee got his hat trick with a long range effort. The swiss came back to life attacking with all guns blazing and were rewarded for their efforts through chapuisat. But some sloppy defending in the 73rd minute gave africa a penalty which put the swiss to the sword.
Not the greatest final but still a victory!
final score
South africa 5 Switzerland 2

South africa world champions again!!!!
Mighty Sean Dundee again player of the tournament and top scorer with 15 goals!

More
17 years 8 months ago #11225 by RobinFriday
The picture of the player is the God Sean Dundee i just found out that in reality he never even played for South Africa just look whats possible had he have done lol well in the world of swos at least :)

More
17 years 8 months ago #11226 by wonderboy
Replied by wonderboy on topic Re: Career Achievements
Nice results Robin. I remember Sean Dundee always being a bargain on SWOS 96/97 and then him being really shit when he went to Liverpool (though i dont think he started many games there).

More
17 years 8 months ago #11242 by RobinFriday
Thanks wonder! i remember him vaguely on this game though hes a God for the amount of stars that he has!!!!
Ive left my job at africa to manage chile!!!!
Qualified for the world cup in second behind argentina!
A quick mention of the south american cup
I got through the group beating columbia and venezuala beaten 6-5 by argentina
Zamorano is a god ive never used a player with such shot power!!!
beat uruguay 3-2 in the quarter final then i looked at my team that would face bolivia in the semis
Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds