Amiga SWOS and Sync. Update

• Plug
  • Plug's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #108991 by Plug
Amiga SWOS and Sync. Update was created by Plug
Merry Christmas And Happy New Year To You All!

I have downloaded the new Amiga SWOS, and the new sync update(Sept 28th 2011).

How do I install the update to the Amiga SWOS?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #109032 by Synchronated
You d need to be able to edit the hdf file iirc.
Easier (for me anyway) to use a Windows folder as an Amiga SWOS hard disk, now that it s possible and that hdf programs don t work on modern Windows installs.
All files required and full instructions are here if you have no luck with your current files:
mediafire.com/download.php?ss7wj0yapj5bhby

• lescour1
  • lescour1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago #115728 by lescour1
Replied by lescour1 on topic Re: Amiga SWOS and Sync. Update
Hi Synchronated and forum....

Heres a quick update on my problem....

Unfortunately the Nintendo Wii UAE emulator is in early stages and does not support HDF files. I can only boot ADF disk images, which is fine and I dont mind that.

I have succesfully managed to edit the SWOS disk 2 ADF with the updated 2012/2013 data using Double Commander as suggested. The only problem I have now is that the total filesize is over 880KB, so I cannot re-pack the ADF without removing some files from the data. Once ive removed a few team files from the data, the filesize is less than 880KB and i can load the ADF and play SWOS perfectly. The problem being is that Im not sure which bits of data ive removed and im worried the game will crash at some oint when trying to access certain teams/leagues.

Is there any way of you, or somebody creating a modified update for me which excludes the more obscure leagues and teams from the game, and so reducing the filesize of the disk so i can repack into an ADF. As long as I have the English and most of European leagues i am happy.

Im so sorry to ask, but im nearly where I want to be!!!

If someone could just send me the data, i can pack an ADF myself. As long as total filesize including grafs, sounds and data does not exceed 880KB.

Regards in advance! Thankyou so much for your help, you are a genius!

Nick

More
11 years 5 months ago #115742 by Synchronated
Hi lescour1
I have sent you a couple of PMs with suggestions
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds