Newbie questions.

More
12 years 1 month ago #110604 by obmij77
Newbie questions. was created by obmij77
Hi All,

Joined this forum etc cos ive been missing sensi. Last incarnation i played was xbox 360 store version. Good but sort of limited and had of course to use the xbox controller. Ive since used uae4droid and anuae4all on my android tablet....control issues stopped that (virtually impossible to get good pad inputs). So here i am.

I have had some emulation experience not just as shown above and would like to practice swos in career mode but also get some online action going. I noticed the total swos package, have installed to run.

Questions then -
1. When first using (i.e clicking swos etc) i get: if you have problems install general folder instead of program files....
2. In the menus there are no options for joysticks using winuae (indeed does installing swos-total pack mean i am using winuae?)
3. If i look in dosbox though i can try play but it just says: cannot open file c program files\swos-total pack\ p02-swos-97\sws.exe . access is denied.

4. BIG QUESTION - do i not need to point winuae to my kickstart disks aswith other emus.

So basically what do in need to do to get this working and mainly is the swos total package an online / semi built version of winuae or something different?

I have heard that the amiga version is supperior to dosbox...is this true?

Bit confused as to what it all is but any guidance appreciated. Sorry for the myriad questions but would like to get this working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #110660 by olesio
Replied by olesio on topic Re: Newbie questions.
I did not answee you about Total Pack because I did not used. PC version is designed for Czech people only and exception is probable romaneq ;) Amiga version rulez :) But about this question.

I have heard that the amiga version is supperior to dosbox...is this true?

It is not true. DosBox is designed for emulating MS Dos games/programs only. Version of DosBox for Amiga exists but because of the requirements reason it was made for - as far as I know - PPC only.

More
12 years 1 month ago #110681 by obmij77
Replied by obmij77 on topic Re: Newbie questions.
Ok thanks....not sure if it got to the bottom of my several questions but its appreciated.

I have worked it out now anyway....I had installed wrong files but I have it working now.

Look forward to so some sensi action.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds