Moving career info from one pc to another

More
11 years 7 months ago #114366 by obmij77
Hi all,

Using 2011-12 + Legends + 96/97 pack and im on a new pc. Old one was vista new one 7 64bit. I assume I can move my previous career progress from the old to the new but is this ok across platform.....and more to the point how do i do this? Which files need moving?

Maybe a simple question but would appreciate the guidance.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #114415 by ro32x
C:\SWOS\Disks\save.adf (i think)

If for any reason it doesn t work, just copy the entire [C:\SWOS] folder across (overwriting everything)

More
11 years 7 months ago #114418 by obmij77
Thanks Roman,

Different subject but i also tried edit kits on windows 7 but they wont unpack when i select any country from the data in the editor....nothing happens.....the ADF view also will not install correctly. I installed it seperately and the file are shown but just wont unpack in the command prompt as they would normally.

Its mentioned here by heartbone: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=18413.0

Just wondering for future ref on my windows 7 setup.

Cheers.

More
11 years 7 months ago #114419 by ro32x
pre warning: i dont think i can help you much!

regarding adf view, it s hard to say really,
my work machine is windows 7 and for some reason adfview stopped working one day,
and even though i could re-run the installer and it appeared to re-install properly,
i still could not double-click hdf/adf files, and adf files had no icon (like it had lost file associations)
i tried many hours over many days to sort it out, but eventually gave up
a few months later i re-installed windows and adfview worked again (after i installed it via swos install)

regarding team editing, just remember you need to pick the data folder and click [ok] every single time you launch the editor,
i ve had unpacking issues before, and in the end i just deleted the contents of the [c:\swosedit] folder, then re-populated the folder from the swos.hdf file,
but if you cant even double-click hdf files, nor re-install adfview, then i guess you might need a window 7 re-install

More
11 years 7 months ago #114421 by obmij77
I ended up installing adfview from an external source cos the provided one wouldnt allow me to double click the hdf file. Then i could double click so i thought fine but now when ive created the swosedit and picked the data folder they wont unpack into the editor. I can see the countries in the drop down editor menu but they wont unpack when it asks if you want to use the adf tool to do so?

Dont fancy a new windows install just for that though. I like windows 7 but its less compatible and i think less secure....i got loads of malware just setting up my sixaxis for swos using the exact same driver on my last vista machine. Bizarre.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds