Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!

• Tooble
  • Tooble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121436 by Tooble
Replied by Tooble on topic Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!
in the files that you placed 2013/2014 do not work, some seasons. in previous versions, all is well. You can adjust it somehow?

another question. anyone know how to emulate 3,5 HD WinUAE? because no matter what I set, I do not want to read these disks. or before you copy the files to a standard floppy disk you created, I have to format it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121438 by olesio
You mean HD as hard disk? WinUAE have options to simulate hard disk as hdf which are hard files. It can be single drive or even image of existen disks with many partitions. I hope you handled your problem with updating SWOS hdf. Because it is really easy. It can be done with AmigaDX plugin for Total Commander. Just copy all content from hdr to some directory which will be mounted as hard disk in WinUAE, replace all files there with these from Syncrhonated update, and finally you need installed some pure WorkBench 3.1 or some pre installed version. I recommend ClassicWB Lite. Now you mount: directory with files, some empty hdf and start configuration with Workbench, format hard disk with hdf and copy all files to it. You can do this by CLI command. Or you can use my script to this. Ypu can download it from: olesio.eu/wb_hdf_creator.rar - just edit WB HDF Creator file and change two first line to set correct CopyFrom and DestDevice variables. Ofcourse you can use some Amiga editor like these build in ClassicWB or just ed. Or under Windows system, some editor which save file with possibility tp set line end characters to unix one (LF - not CR LF).

And about adf files. Playing with diskieted under emulator if we have possibility to launch most games from emulated hard disk is in my opinion masochism. So I do not use adf from long time. But I tried prepare SWOS adfs with Synchronated update some time ago for someone who want to use it on real Amiga. And it is problem. Updated files are too big and cannot fit on second diskiette. It able to fit in case when sccond adf is formatted as FFS (fast file system) but in this case SWOS cannot find this disk even if inserted. So if you do not need, forget about adfs and learn yourself how to prepare hdfs. It is really easy. You just need to think what you doing :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #121441 by Synchronated
The 13-14 folder in my zip file works and is extensively tested. Any modifications would mean it didn t work. Not sure what is going wrong for you there.

• Tooble
  • Tooble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121444 by Tooble
Replied by Tooble on topic Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!
I do not mean the hard drive. I m talking about creating a blank floppy in WinUAE. You can choose whether you want to DD floppy (low density) or HD (high density), so you can change the drive to floppies. However, HD disks are not readings on my WinUAE. I do not know if it is a configuration issue, or something else. in the X-Copy also does not see the disk HD, because I wanted to try this format them.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121452 by Synchronated
It is not worth trying to use floppy disks. It s probably not possible at all, and it s very easy to use a hard disk.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121471 by olesio
Exactly how Synchronated wrote. Hdfs are very fast. And in case of SWOS96/97 adfs, like I wrote - if you want to fit all updated data files to second disk, you must format it as FPS file system, so you get more free space on diskietted. But from my tests under WinUAE I noticed, if second diskiette is formated as FFS, SWOS version on 2 diskiettes (supplied by HFUK and cracked by HEAT) cannot read it. So forget about adfs and use hdf/disk mounted as directory. More info about installing system and using hdf is on many sites which you can easly google it. For example: guide.abime.net/home3.htm - it is really easy to handle it. Really. I m total lame and not some expert and after one time of trying I can handle it easy, using hdfs, WHDLoad games etc.

• sensipla
  • sensipla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121688 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!
@Tooble

I am not sure if I got it right but I think you would like to play adf version of swos with modified data from Synchronated, right?

If so, then do not worry much about the space on floppies, it can be solved easily.
First, delete the custom teams file (I think TEAM.072). You do not need it at all.

Second, copy the modified data files to your adf file (second disk only). You can do this in some Amiga files manager (put Workbench disk in df0, adf of file manager in df1, when Workbench boots up, runs the file manager by clicking on the files manager icon).

Do not know if Synchronated after unpacking (uncrunching) the data files pack them back, if he does, then just copy the data files, they should fit on adf.
If he does not (you can find this very easily by two ways: a) check the data files size, if they are +- twice as big as hte files on adf, the data files are not crunched then; b) check the data files in Amiga file manager /usually F3/, if there are radable names and not some weird mess like Ar#\€l →øsene W ner, then again, the data files are not crunched), you have to crunch these files.

Download ProPack utility from here , unpack it and copy the Amiga utility (there are both for PC and Amiga) on hdf fille with SWOS (always use working copy and keep the original SWOS pack untouched). Its called ppAMI.exe.

If you are familiar with Amiga OS,, you can crunch the files via command in CLI, if you are not, run the Amiga files manager and go to your Amiga hardrive (hdf) to the path with ppami.exe. Copy all the data files from Synchro to this path and then run crunch process with command
ppami.exe p d -o TEAM.*

All the data files will be crunched and they will overwrite (-o = overwrite) those not crunched data. It takes some time. Then copy the data files (crunched now) to adf. Copy poolplr.dat, uefa.dat files too (I think there are four such files another one for cup winners cup and one for champions league). Plus copy the exe file and give it the same name like on adf (SWSO2.exe, SWOS4.exe or something similar).

With this tutorial you should have exactly the same game like on hdf.

If you want to test if the game works, you do not need to check every single league in the SWOS, just run the career in some country with very short seasons (Iceland is not long I think) and if the game does not crash during the end of season recap and proceed to the next year, all the leagues and club competitions should be ok.

I had problem with copying the data files from SWOS 1.1 (94/95 season), the game crashed exactly in the same way you describe. I kept european cups files untouched (it has to be or the game crashes), never went to transfer market, but the game crashed anyway :-) Have not figured why.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121698 by Synchronated
My Amiga files are packed.
The team files are not the only problem - swos2 on disk 1 must be replaced but the new file doesn t fit on the adf. Any suggestions on how to do that?

• sensipla
  • sensipla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121699 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!
Oh, that is the issue.
No idea then.

More
9 years 2 months ago #127536 by prodigio92
hi all
i saw many posts about this matter of the .adf version etc.

any news about ?
my problem is that i would like to play with my real amiga 600, but i don t have an hd , i have a gotek emulator floppy disk, which support only .adf, i tried so many times to create swos 13/14 .adf but never results....

but i can t believe that it s impossible

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds