Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!

• Tooble
  • Tooble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121388 by Tooble
Replied by Tooble on topic Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!
I noticed something else. while copying the message about the lack of space on the disk. this applies to the file and folder. I did not pay attention to it, because the team in the game I had available. maybe this is the reason. how do I copy the file adf to work and do not jump out this error?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #121390 by Synchronated
Are you using ADF files (floppy disks) or an HDF (hard disk) file?

It might not be possible to get it working using ADF files. Propack (used to compress the files for Amiga usage) produces a file that works, but the drawback is that it s usually slightly bigger than the original compressed file, which must have been compressed some other way. There s no space to spare on the SWOS adf files.

If you re using an HDF file and it s giving you the space error... not sure how to get around that but I don t use HDF anymore because of things like this (and because it s not necessary). I would suggest copying all the files out of the HDF file into a folder (say C:/SWOS1314), then replace SWOS2 and Data files with new ones, then tell WinUAE that C:/SWOS1314 folder is the hard disk. This is pretty much how I arrived at my config.

If you don t already have the contents of an HDF file you can use one of the ones that comes with Total Pack or Amiga SWOS Online.

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121391 by Tooble
I use the original files adf. when it comes to HDF files, the first time I ve heard and I m not in the subject. I understand that you can run a SWOS on those files? if so, please help me how to do it. whether the files for WinUAE? for Propack I do not know if it will work on 64bit system, and so I have.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #121394 by Synchronated
No need to worry about propack - I have already propacked all the Amiga files. (It doesn t work on a 64-bit system; I have to run it under dosbox. But you don t need to propack anything). If you successfully insert my Amiga files into any Amiga or WinUAE configuration, it should work, as the game doesn t know the difference (it s essentially just a whole load of hex editing).

In WinUAE instead of using virtual floppy disks you can use a hard disk. It will load quicker and can be more easily edited/updated. You can edit HDF files with adfview but IMO it s better just to have a windows folder containing the same contents. Then you ll never get a there is no space error. You just need to configure the hard disk folder (or HDF file) in WinUAE and SWOS will run from that.

My Amiga config including SWOS installs and instructions can be downloaded here if you want to use it (or just see how the hard disk is configured):
www.mediafire.com/download.php?qk93j6yucioba16
The latest files included with this are 12-13, so you ll want to replace those with the 13-14 ones.

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121403 by Tooble
everything is good, but how to do it with the version of 2013/2014? if I can just replace files DATA and SWOS version 96/97? how to create a hard drive at home in WinUAE, because I read the readme, but I can not figure it out. whether these versions are the engine Amiga or PC? because the PC version is different from the Amiga game physics.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121404 by Synchronated
You can pick any of the SWOS folders in the zip file, copy it to your C: drive or wherever, rename it SWOS1314 (for example) and just replace SWOS2 and the Data folder.

WinUAE has a hard disk tab in the setup/options at startup, near where the floppy disk section is. You ll need to tell it where you put the SWOS folder as described above. But I think it s easier to load my config file and have a look at those tabs in the WinUAE options. This is because I don t remember all the details, I just know that I got it working in the end.

All the stuff in that WinUAE setup is for the Amiga version, there is nothing to do with the PC version.

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121410 by Tooble
swapped files from SWOS 96/97 and turned the game for HDF files. national teams are already on order but it still does not work some seasons. I do not know what could be the cause. I noticed also that the game is tempered by HDF to play by the ADF. is much easier and it is as if some other computer game physics. the ADF must be good sweat to win the match and score a large number of goals is really difficult compared with HDF. gained so bonded at the expense of gameplay. I prefer to play through the ADF. cool that you did a good job with these teams, but I can deal with it. I do not want it to play through SWOS Total Pack, because I think works in a similar way HDF files. The best option would be to do it in an ADF, but I do not know if this is possible. greetings!

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121411 by Tooble
I also thought to emulate a floppy DD instead of HD. they have a higher capacity. just copy the files from SWOS 96/97 and the base of the SWOS 2013/2014. However, I do not know how to set WinUAE to emulate the disks.

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121415 by Tooble
request to Synchronated. you could create and put there the files to version 2013/2014, acting on the HDF? Not only SWOS2 and DATA, but the whole directory as in previous versions. thank you in advance.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #121416 by Synchronated
Hi
Starwindz has now added 1314 to amiga total pack
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?to...121412;boardseen#new
And I have added it to my amiga configs file
www.mediafire.com/?bjejudravko1js8
Hope that helps. The whole SWOS1314 folder (as I think you requested) is in this file. I am unable to create an HDF on my current OS and it should be unnecessary as the SWOS1314 folder can just be used.

PS the gameplay is identical via floppy or hard disk - it s the same SWOS2 file running. Other factors (emulation settings, player data) can affect it though :)

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds