SWOS 2013-2014 .adf Files

• steviebwoy78
  • steviebwoy78's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #123426 by steviebwoy78
SWOS 2013-2014 .adf Files was created by steviebwoy78
Hi all,

steviebwoy here from the Codies Forumites team! :)

Just wondered if anyone has a link to the SWOS 2013/4 Amiga disc files from Synchronated?

I m running an PS3UAE on my Playstation3 but I can t seem to find the game with updated teams in .adf format.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #123436 by Synchronated
It is very difficult to update an adf file. There is not enough room on the disk even for the same files hex edited and repacked. So instead I use a windows folder that is configured as an Amiga hard disk. You can also use an HDF file. I don t know if these options are possible on PS3UAE but I d be surprised if they weren t.

edit: the latest post on synchronatedswos.blogspot.com has a link to my WinUAE config if you want to check it out and maybe replicate it on PS3. Let us know how you get on.

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #123448 by steviebwoy78
Replied by steviebwoy78 on topic Re: SWOS 2013-2014 .adf Files

It is very difficult to update an adf file. There is not enough room on the disk even for the same files hex edited and repacked. So instead I use a windows folder that is configured as an Amiga hard disk. You can also use an HDF file. I don t know if these options are possible on PS3UAE but I d be surprised if they weren t.

edit: the latest post on synchronatedswos.blogspot.com has a link to my WinUAE config if you want to check it out and maybe replicate it on PS3. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks buddy, in that case I ll try with a HDF file - is there anywhere I can grab this from please? The file I downloaded from your site seems to have a SWOS2 file that I can t seem to do anything with?

More
10 years 1 month ago #123451 by Synchronated
Sorry, I lost the ability to create hdf files when I changed my OS. None of my adf/hdf tools work anymore. But also there is no need in WinUAE - you can put the same contents in a windows folder and WinUAE can treat the folder as a hard disk. These folders with the entire contents are included in my WinUAE configs file if you download it.

Maybe someone else here has made a hdf file with my last update, but it shouldn t be necessary if you have the full folder contents, updating the SWOS2 file and the data folder as you go. Perhaps it is necessary on PS3 though, I don t know.

More
10 years 1 month ago #123452 by Synchronated
Actually a user here made many hdf files including one with the 13-14 data:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=25485.0

I haven t tested them but try that if the folder thing isn t PS3-friendly

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #123457 by steviebwoy78
Thanks buddy, I ll give that a go tonight and feed back :)

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #123493 by steviebwoy78
Well, I tried to load the hdf file as a hard file (within E-UAE) and the PS3 just sat there doing nothing. I don t think I m knowledgeable enough on the inner workings of the emulator to get a hdf file working.

Can anyone help?

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #123504 by steviebwoy78
As an aside, are there any other options for playing the 2013/4 data on E-UAE (PS3)?

More
10 years 1 month ago #123513 by Synchronated
You could try using adfview or adfopus to try to force the new SWOS2 file onto disk one, then delete the contents of the data folder on disk two and replace with the new data files. But you will at least have to omit team.072 (custom teams) since there won t be enough disk space and those won t affect career mode. If you re not playing career mode you ll only need the team.xxx files for the leagues you actually want to play. But you will still have to replace the SWOS2 file on disk one for them to work in many cases.

Some leagues will work fine with the old SWOS2 file. England four divs for example, all you would need to do is make sure the new team.008 file is there on disk two, any other team.xxx files you re not using can simply be deleted to make space.

Hope that helps. Long term, a hard disk solution is always gonna be better though. Cheers

• steviebwoy78
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #123520 by steviebwoy78
Hi Sync, that s great - thanks buddy. Another solution I ve come up with is running SWOS through iDOS on the iPad. I could try this with the PS3 version of DosBox as well.

I ve downloaded your latest PC update - do I just replace the .exe and data folders to get this working? Has any reported any crashes using your 13/14 data on PC?

Once I ve got this working, I ll be sure to write a Tutorial for iOS SWOS and another for PS3 SWOS so that others can play too.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds