Idiot Guide

• hammergl
  • hammergl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #124622 by hammergl
Idiot Guide was created by hammergl
OK so apologies in advance if I can get this question answered somewhere else but...

I used to play SWOS on an Amiga 500. I would like to play it again but I am incredibly confused about the best way to do so. I only have a Macbook currently so is the best experience to;

Play online and if so can I do that via a Mac or do I need a PC?
Buy an old Amiga machine and a copy of the game on eBay?
Something else?

I realise its pretty basic stuff but there is so much information on here I really don t know where to start!

I d really appreciate any pointers you can give me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #124623 by barnettgs
Replied by barnettgs on topic Re: Idiot Guide
Hi, you can play on MAC but no online function so to play swos online, you need a PC.

MAC is ideal if you want to play against the computer - here s the link: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=476.0

For PC, just download all-in-one software pack (Amiga SWOS Total Pack) - www.sensiblesoccer.de/community/downloads - which is all you need to play online against other players.

I am also a newbie here and it was quite confusing to me in the first place so for that reason, I was thinking of making a guide for newbies. There is already a guide on this website but it is not updated to reflect the newer version of SWOS online pack. I can make one if that is ok for the administrators of SWOS site here. :)

• hammergl
  • hammergl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #124625 by hammergl
Replied by hammergl on topic Re: Idiot Guide
Many thanks. I would imagine that a newbie guide would be a great addition!

More
9 years 5 months ago #126540 by barnettgs
Replied by barnettgs on topic Re: Idiot Guide
Hi, I have created it recently so here s the thread: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?to....msg126470#msg126470

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds