Seedings of computer teams

More
15 years 8 months ago #48849 by boogie76
Hi!

I like all kind of statistics and Im very intrested about seedings of SWOS. I play Amiga Swos 96-97.

Where I could find seedings of computer national teams ? This question is propably for coders and programmers.

I think Italy is nro 1, but I wanted list 1-142 for all 142 national teams.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #49000 by boogie76
Hi!

I was here many years ago and got your IRC channel and also played single games.

Most of you are exellent players, how about win against computer when you use very weak team?
Most of you dont like to use weak team, making goals will be very very difficult and your goal keeper is also weak.
But try it ! Choos very weak club team and play torunament against tough club teams.

I used Finnish HJK, made own 64 team UEFA CL,and managed to top 8. Do the same or win the cup.

I also have very difficult question for coders. How could I get seedings of national computer teams?
For all 142 national temas wanted....I know already how to solve it on my own and top 1 is Italy and second is Germany.

I am also intrested about formula which counts seedings of teams,or is that seeding progress just listed table.

More
15 years 8 months ago #49002 by lobo
Have a look HERE for a weak teams challenge ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #49004 by Playaveli

I also have very difficult question for coders. How could I get seedings of national computer teams?
For all 142 national temas wanted....I know already how to solve it on my own and top 1 is Italy and second is Germany.

I am also intrested about formula which counts seedings of teams,or is that seeding progress just listed table.

Complete database in Excel-format (by xflea):
www.sensiblesoccer.de/temp/swos-database.xls

National teams (by Oli O.):
www.sensiblesoccer.de/temp/swos-national-teams.xls

More
15 years 8 months ago #49014 by Oli O.
This list is better, but also just handmade. I don t know how the seeding codes are.
Attachments:

More
15 years 8 months ago #49056 by boogie76
Hi!

Thank you very much about this list, BUT...

I think real strongness is measured by total value ,not total ppoints . Example Germany value = 59 100 000 and 905 points.
So Germany is ranked #2 by value and ranked #3 by points. So value is more important.

When you create own tournament, and you use seedings option. Computer set Italy to #1, and Germany #2 and so on. So that really makes value the most important criteria to seed teams.

I do have 2 more questions.

1) How is value counted? IT is not depending about total points of players in team. Is it there formula to get value or is it just some imaginary number what game programmer has set?

2) My next stupid question is about points . That is naturally number of player qualities. I think maximum is 15/area. What are those areas: pa-ve-he...and so on? Stirker points, defender points ?

Goal keepers points are 0. How are their qualities?

And final, what are dependensies about player stars? strars are from 0,5 (small star) to 5 stars.

Im very happy to get more information, and thank you very much about last answers and exellent XLS files !

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #49058 by Playaveli
The value is counted by team players and tactics, and how they match together. That is summed up in green ticks. * (see below post)
For example Aston Villa has not many points on their behalf, but a lot of value because the starting line-up works perfect in the setup 5-3-2 tactic.
That s what brings the value up and makes the team win most likely with see result button.

Goalkeepers skills are only determined by their price.

Player stars are dependent from their money value. You can easily see this with an editor.

Check: database.swos.info
Or: swos.gazchap.com

And: forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=4556.0

* Download this tactic and check how the values go up and your team (or cpu controller trainer team) will win more likely with this tactic:
Attachments:

More
15 years 8 months ago #49077 by xflea
the value of each team (the starting value - as you can see it when starting the game) is based ONLY on the sum of 16 players skills.

the difference you get when sorting teams by total skill points and total value is caused by the dual system of skill points (0-7 and 8-15). if you convert all skills to 0-7 scale then the sum of skill points for each team matches IDEALLY its total value.

1) How is value counted? IT is not depending about total points of players in team.

NOT TRUE

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #49078 by Playaveli

the value of each team (the starting value - as you can see it when starting the game) is based ONLY on the sum of 16 players skills.

Not true. ;)

what he means is the sort of points (value) we don T see anywhere. Read the manuel, it s in there.
It depends on formation (tactic) and with that, only on the green ticks one team has.
Press see result with normal Brazil and Brazil with my tactic. Then you see what I mean.

Page 17 (read Edit tactics ):
File Attachment:

Page 19 (read tactical hints tips )
File Attachment:

More
15 years 8 months ago #49082 by xflea
you mean RESULTS and I mean only the starting sum of skill points and the value...

and I guess he means this starting value... he wants to figure out the seeding system...

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds