Chants in Amiga SWOS?

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #50878 by EreWeGo
Hi all, just thought I d start a thread about the crowd chant sounds in Amiga SWOS. I ve had a look around, but there don t appear to be any mods that change any of the default chants? Also, has anyone noticed how random they can be? Basically, there are only 4 different chant sounds, (including the classic More goals, more goals ). I ve noticed that some matches you might hear mainly only one of the chants, sometimes all, sometimes almost nothing, very random...anyone else notice this?

Although most of the in-game sounds are much better than the original Sensible Soccer sound effects, (kicking the ball sound, cheers etc), there were some pretty cool sounds, like the drums, and the Come on you reds... chant.

I ve had a little play around, and managed to change three of the chants, (I left More Goals in there as it s just too cool to replace!). I ll try and upload it tonight so anyone who s interested can have a play and see if they like it. It s not better than the original sounds, just different, and it s not perfect, but seems to work okay...

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #50880 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Chants in Amiga SWOS?
Redhair has done some improvements to crowd chants on Amiga. I will upload them later today.
They are pretty cool.

Looking forward to hear yours, EreWeGo.
Good Topic.

More
15 years 7 months ago #50881 by jankula
Replied by jankula on topic Re: Chants in Amiga SWOS?
Beautifull news Today, here :D

More
15 years 7 months ago #50886 by EreWeGo
Replied by EreWeGo on topic Re: Chants in Amiga SWOS?

Redhair has done some improvements to crowd chants on Amiga. I will upload them later today.
They are pretty cool.

That s awesome news! Really looking forward to trying Redhair s new sounds - knowing Redhair s work, they ll be great!
:D

Probably pointless posting mine, but I will anyway - it s always nice to have choices ;)

Anyway, for those using Amiga Swos, if you want to try the mod, backup your swos.hdf in your install folder, (usually C:\Program Files\Amiga SWOS\Disks\swos.hdf), and download the following file and place in the same directory:

www.mediafire.com/file/mmytmkdnfxd/swos.hdf

For those using a WHDLoad version of SWOS on a real Amiga, and can transfer files from your PC, then rename the SFX.IN2 file in your install folder on your Amiga, eg: Sensible World of Soccer 96/97\Sound . Download the following file and copy to the Sound folder of your SWOS install:

www.mediafire.com/file/jytnmmli2y5/SFX.IN2

One last thing, I m not sure if you can play online with the Amiga SWOS if you replace the swos.hdf? You can try it anyway, or just use this offline. Remember to backup files first!

:)

More
15 years 7 months ago #50887 by Playaveli

One last thing, I m not sure if you can play online with the Amiga SWOS if you replace the swos.hdf? You can try it anyway, or just use this offline. Remember to backup files first!

Only if both players do that. Otherwise it will desynch for sure.

I am trying it now.

More
15 years 7 months ago #50890 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: Chants in Amiga SWOS?
Very nice topic

More
15 years 7 months ago #50902 by Playaveli
Here is the first one:
host.ring23.com/playaveli/swos/SFX.IN2

Just put it in the sound folder of swos.hdf and replace the old one.
Another file will follow later.

More
15 years 7 months ago #50907 by Kyon
Thanks Playaveli

More
15 years 7 months ago #50948 by EreWeGo
Replied by EreWeGo on topic Re: Chants in Amiga SWOS?
Thanks for the link Playa - now I have three different options for chants : original, Redhair s mod, and mine - excellent! :D

More
15 years 4 months ago #56439 by Kyon
this project is continue ?

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds