Re: Amiga SWOS Public Beta 2015

More
9 years 2 months ago #127312 by Redhair

I don t remember that exit button, is it something you added?

No, it was there already.

I m not sure I understand what you mean (maybe my question was not clear), but no problem. Thanks for the answers.

Sorry, I guess your questions were clear but not easy to answer. Modifications were necessary to get everything working as desired, so it s a bit different now. I ve compiled that p2p server on a linux server and it s running there but I ve programmed an interface/lobby to communicate with ASWOS. So, it s not the p2p client reading the list but the interface. Now I have no clue if, where and why the bug still occurs and if so, if the IP is really missing or just unreadable for the client. Let s try and see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #127318 by Emmeti

No, it was there already.

Oh, right, Synchronizing with game thread or something like that.
Ok, now I remember.

Modifications were necessary to get everything working as desired, so it s a bit different now. I ve compiled that p2p server on a linux server and it s running there but I ve programmed an interface/lobby to communicate with ASWOS. So, it s not the p2p client reading the list but the interface.

Yes, I understand this part.

Now I have no clue if, where and why the bug still occurs and if so, if the IP is really missing or just unreadable for the client. Let s try and see.

This is the part I don t understand, mainly because I can t test ASwos now, I am sure everything will be clear when I ll be able to try it.
As far as I remember open games contact windows.exe, windows.exe writes open games data somewhere (txt file on server, for example) and kailleraclient reads the list and show games in waiting list.
I assume you write match info (game-emu-user-IP) somewhere else and ASwos retrieves them, but I don t understand the problem you have (if you have one).
I don t think I can help you at this point, but if you want to tell me anyway...

Talking about the F11 problem looks like it doesn t send back chat infos to sender so the application thinks connection is lost (or something like that), who knows if it was a work in progress or they intentionally left it that way...

More
8 years 11 months ago #128215 by CocaCola
download link is broken :(

More
8 years 7 months ago #129680 by Redhair
Changed domain, everything updated, please try again!

More
8 years 7 months ago #129747 by djowGer

This is what i get when I try to launch aswos.exe

I can t see any log file or anything, but I am probably missing some files. Question is which ones?

Running through an old xp machine though, works fine on my Windows 7 laptop.

More
8 years 7 months ago #129748 by Redhair
Thanks for your feedback. Well, there is no logfile at all. However, this error looks much like as it is caused by bassmod.dll which plays amiga mod files. So this is could be a conflict with the soundcard or there is just no internet or the server is down at the moment. You could try later or switch off the music (speaker button) or edit the file n02.ini and change the line muzak=1 into muzak=0 . If it helps and the lobby is working, the problem is neither the server nor the network at all.

More
8 years 6 months ago #129967 by DoTa
Pls sticky this ty.

More
8 years 6 months ago #129968 by DoTa
Nice work!

If u need help, u can ask me.

Some suggestions:
-Chatzilla in game and also in lobby. (take it from SWOS Total Pack) (This Pacman isnt really good)
-SWOS IT seems popular atm. Probably u can integrate in.
-Overview (need some easier view layout)
-Save Disk Auto - it looks like he check it every second - the green bar is flattering
-Copy function of ip adress if someone not using this version
-FULLSCREEN !!

Really future ideas:
-host options for FR or OOO or LEAGUE
-automatically Request and Score in ss.de
-Fun Cups to choose would be also nice

@redhair: gern auf deutsch auch per PN. Wenn du Wünsche und Anregungen hören möchstest, wie auch tatkräftige Programmierungsunterstützung wünschst.

More
8 years 6 months ago #129970 by Redhair

-Chatzilla in game and also in lobby. (take it from SWOS Total Pack) (This Pacman isnt really good)

True, but seems like Chatzilla needs some requirements because it s not working on my PC, so it failed to be an option. However, IRC has no priority, this could be an add-on later. What do you mean with in game ?

I am really focussed to keep it basic and the new p2p client is not compatible with older versions anyway, not even tested.

Do you find the layout confusing?

-Save Disk Auto - it looks like he check it every second - the green bar is flattering

When Auto is activated, the disk will be downloaded on every start, without checking. Which Windows version are you using?

In options, click What s my IP and you will see your IP. Click again to copy to clipboard.

-FULLSCREEN !!

This might be an option when in-game chat is working. But do you really want to play online in a fullscreen mode? In options, you could select stretchable and when game starts just maximize the window to fill your screen.

In which programming languages are you able to help?

More
8 years 6 months ago #129975 by DoTa

True, but seems like Chatzilla needs some requirements because it s not working on my PC, so it failed to be an option. However, IRC has no priority, this could be an add-on later. What do you mean with in game ?

In match to chat. Which PC u r using?

I am really focussed to keep it basic and the new p2p client is not compatible with older versions anyway, not even tested.

Did u test compabilty with older versions? U have to enabled to choose disks. (* .adf, *.hdf) and change (*.uae) for new disks.

Do you find the layout confusing?

Im looking for Tool for Newbies. Cause i knew, it was really complicated to get all settings right, and everywhere a data was missing etc. So i wanna have a Beginners Friendly program. Confusing f.ex. : Why extra minimize, maximize button extra and not in windowbar. :) And some love, probably color. But this is really the last think. Its just FrontEnd.

When Auto is activated, the disk will be downloaded on every start, without checking. Which Windows version are you using?

Win 7 x64. Okay if u r sure. But than your Statusbar is doin something. Its flickering if u checked Auto.

In options, click What s my IP and you will see your IP. Click again to copy to clipboard.

Sorry. I thought my test failed. But it works.

-FULLSCREEN !!

This might be an option when in-game chat is working. But do you really want to play online in a fullscreen mode? In options, you could select stretchable and when game starts just maximize the window to fill your screen.

In which programming languages are you able to help?

Yes im allways playing on Fullscreen. Okay i got not that big monitor, but also not old amiga size monitor. But i guess even with 24 i would go fullscreen xD.

About everything. But need some time to come in. Homelanguage ist still my VB. Else C#.Net. (need time to get it again, normally is it easier to write in other language and implement: java, c++, delphi, android *new*)

New bug. If u close Host. U cant click Kaillera anymore. This green Head at the bottom.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds