SWOS and all it's DOS related agonies...

• AFCMan
  • AFCMan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #86628 by AFCMan
I speak from expeience when I say how difficult it is sometimes to get SWOS to run on modern PC s.
Even Total Pack seems to fail epically for me :(

With the source code for SWOS and all the patches and packages out there that still use DOS to get the game to run, why hasn t someone re-written SWOS so that it runs without glitches and problems on Windows Vista and Windows 7 or when using modern joysticks/joypads?

There are some amazing programs on this forum written by excellent coders, it just baffles me why one of them, or a couple working together, cannot re-write SWOS to bring it bang up-to-date, removing the need for DOSBox, WINUAE and various patches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86629 by Playaveli
We do not have the source code! That s it.
All we got is the machine code, and Zlatko Karakas has found out everything what is possible.
But that s still not enough to re-write it.

Check: www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?topic=4355.0

• AFCMan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #86630 by AFCMan
What about contacting Codemasters (or Sensible Software) and seeing if they d be willing to part with the original SWOS source code?
After all, SWOS PC has been classed as Abandonware and has been available on various Abandonware websites for years, so I don t think you d have too much trouble convincing them to part with it.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86632 by Playaveli
SWOS is not abandonware! It s an official Xbox360 game right now. Codemasters have no intention to release the source code as long as they make money with it.
All downloadable versions are illegal. Our downloads in the forum and on the website are tolerated by Codies, though.

• AFCMan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #86669 by AFCMan

SWOS is not abandonware! It s an official Xbox360 game right now. Codemasters have no intention to release the source code as long as they make money with it.
All downloadable versions are illegal. Our downloads in the forum and on the website are tolerated by Codies, though.

I HATE Codemasters!
They ve killed SWOS by not releasing it for Vista like they planned to :(

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds