Re: Synchronated Updates: SWOS Legends
Today I've posted the first version of the Legends database to the site .
This has been a year in the making and is the result of extensive research.
I find it great fun (in Career Mode especially), I hope you have fun with it, and I also hope for discussion and contributions regarding corrections, missing players etc.
PS Here's the readme:
Synchronated SWOS Legends v1.0
- Thousands upon thousands of legendary players, from late 1800s to present, distributed across hundreds of club teams worldwide, creating an 'all-time' playable career mode
- Scores of 'all-time best' national teams comprising the cream of the same player database
- Player attributes calibrated to provide as balanced a game as possible given the standard of the included players
- Dead/ailing clubs revived and placed in historical context - compete as Reims or Dynamo Dresden
- Fits the original league/data structure of SWOS 96-97 for fully working, rigorously tested Career Mode playability
- Players can only be at one club, so if you're missing your favourite player, try his other clubs
- Players have been assigned their preferred position to enable dream-team buying/selling/shuffling
- 'Custom teams' file featuring all World Cup winning squads and many other great international lineups
- Expansion and improvement of the database as feedback on selections and player details arrives
- If playing PC SWOS, copy all the files in this 'PC/Data' folder into your 'SWOS/Data' folder
- If using SWOS Total Pack, copy them into C:\Program Files\SWOS-Total Pack\launcher\TEAM_SETS\01 (or similar) and choose 'Original 1997' teamset when starting the program
- If using emulated Amiga SWOS, copy this 'Amiga/Data' folder into your virtual SWOS directory or into your SWOS HDF file (you can do this using adfview or adfopus), replacing the existing 'Data' folder. It is not recommended (and possibly impossible) to try to use this update with floppy disks or ADF files but if you should succeed, let us know!
- You are invited to suggest changes/corrections or nominate players that are currently missing as legends
All work copyright 2010 Synchronated.
You may freely distribute this file unchanged and with credit given.
Enjoy, and keep SWOS alive!
I haven't tried playing it yet, just had a look at some of the teams, but you've obviously put loads of effort into this! Picking a players main team, and giving them all relative prices is always going to be subjective, but it looks like you've done a really great job.
Some of the Spanish and Italian club teams look awesome, and the international teams look great too - brilliant to see amazing Hungary and Denmark teams. I really like the look of the Brazilian league as well - it's such a shame there's no way to set up a Copa Libertadores or Inter-continental cup in Swos Career.
Thanks for the massive effort Synchro, can't wait to give it a try...
I just played Barca-Real Gran Derby. I have following comments on Barca squad:
- out: Czibor, Romario, Laudrup, and maybe Neeskens
- in: Rexach, Asensi, Xavi, Bakero (and possibly Amor, Carrasco, Begiristain, Luis Enrique, Rivaldo, Kluivert, Ronaldinho, Eto'o - but there is no place for them...)
- Migueli in starting lineup (sole record holder in league appearances)
- maybe swap Zubizarreta with Ramallets
- Messi as the greatest player of all of them... I don't know... let's wait 5 more years
I don't care about Real, but shouldn't it be Raul instead of Ronaldo there?
Generally it's very hard to pick just 16 players of the greatest teams in history...
fantastic work again
It was most difficult to create the very top teams' squads.
A couple who didn't make the cut to B team at the moment ended up at their other clubs:
Asensi - Puebla, Bakero - Real Sociedad
I will definitely be looking at the really big teams again following suggestions.
I think Rexach is the most valuable player in my whole database who didn't make the cut at his club and didn't have another club to go to.
Hey, this is v1.0