The Greek Crash

• meisterkicker
  • meisterkicker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #88072 by meisterkicker
The Greek Crash was created by meisterkicker
Dear Sensivillains!

I m still looking for a way to run the greek league in career mode in sensible soccer 96/97 PC. Of course everyvone of you noticed that the game crashes in the end of the season.
I use the german language mode und would be pleased if somebody has any idea how to solve this problem by Hex-Editing the SWS.EXE-file.
Maybe in Hex-Editing the SWS.EXE (not changing the value!) for the Greek Crash there is the hidden key to change the team numbers in the leagues, wich can be edited under DATA - TEAM.xx
I m asking for your support and your opinion. Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #88089 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: The Greek Crash
Carling, the greek league crashes! Even with the original game.
Play a career in Greece with SWOS 96/97, and check it out.

The strage thing is: It only crashes if you actually play with a Greek team.

More
13 years 8 months ago #88095 by carling476
Replied by carling476 on topic Re: The Greek Crash
IVE FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM ARE YOU READY FOR THIS

HERE IT GOES

D O N T P L A Y A G R E E K L E A G U E

SIMPLES NOT REALY A PROBLEM JUST COMMON SENSE

More
13 years 8 months ago #88100 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: The Greek Crash
1. Disable Caps-Lock!
2. Common sense doesn t solve individual problems!

More
13 years 5 months ago #93079 by anark
Replied by anark on topic Re: The Greek Crash
I have posted a solution for this before. Check www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?topic=5410

From an older website:

You might have noticed that when playing Greek Premier Division in CAREER mode, SWOS crashes few rounds before end of season.
If you own CD-ROM version of SWOS 96/97 + you are using ENGLISH sws.exe file, your troubles are over! Just follow these instructions:

Open file SWS.EXE in a HEXeditor. Go to (HEX)offset 14D629. You should find there character having HEX-value 00 and following character should be 20. Change these two characters to values 40 and 28, save the file and launch SWOS. You should be able to complete whole season in Greece without any problems now!!!

Please note that this procedure does NOT change the size of the file SWS.EXE, so if it won t be exactly 2,135,087 bytes when you finish, you did something wrong.

If you still don t understand what I mean, this picture should help you:

And what do these two characters mean? They say when does Greek Cup start and finish. Do you wonder if it REALLY works? Yes, I have tried it myself!
you don t have to make a backup of sws.exe because it s on your CD. Just copy ENGLISH.EXE to your SWOS directory and rename it to SWS.EXE if needed.

his discovery was made by SWOSman. Thank You!

Dear Sensivillains!

I m still looking for a way to run the greek league in career mode in sensible soccer 96/97 PC. Of course everyvone of you noticed that the game crashes in the end of the season.
I use the german language mode und would be pleased if somebody has any idea how to solve this problem by Hex-Editing the SWS.EXE-file.
Maybe in Hex-Editing the SWS.EXE (not changing the value!) for the Greek Crash there is the hidden key to change the team numbers in the leagues, wich can be edited under DATA - TEAM.xx
I m asking for your support and your opinion. Thanks a lot

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #95549 by Synchronated
Replied by Synchronated on topic Re: The Greek Crash
Hey all

Is there any way to fix this for the Amiga version?
Does changing the start/end of the Greek *league* help (these are values I can change with SWOES)? Are those the values that are being changed?

Since my current updates have updated the league structures (ie Greece has 16 teams) etc, I would like to fix this as well while I m at it.

Cheers
Sync

edit: I can t seem to make this crash happen on the Amiga version of the current update. It works fine even if the cup does happen at the start... the crash seems to only happen on PC version. So I will do the hex edit for the next version.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds